Ray Wilkins

midian

The fact that he's gone too should indicate that a swift appointment will be made.

And on the Wilkins topic, I always thought it odd that he never sat next to Sherwood in the dugout, seeing as he was the 'experience' in the setup. As much as our plight is largely Sherwood's doing, he should've gotten more out of Wilkins.

Waste of limited funds bringing him in as he duped us all.

Thought it would be an o.k appointment at the time but wasn't convinced when on his first day he came on Talksport and said D*lph might aswell leave as we're not very good or along those lines. That and other off the record comments he was apparently saying didn't exactly indicate he was giving his all for the club or was a positive influence on the squad.

Another myth, grealish got more of a chance but a lad of his quality was always going to, Hepburn Murphy got 5 minutes...er....

Where are all these youngsters that he was bringing through?

I said at the time, Hepburn-Murphy was played to make a point.

"If I play this 16 year old everyone will remember how good I am with young players"

• Like 2

Wilkins for me was  a bigger disappointment than Sherwood. he came with a big reputation and I saw him add absolutely nothing to us. Even Roy Keane made more of an impact

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heard Ray on TS this morning and some of the stuff he came out with was mind boggling.

1) On the subject of Remi saying that the players were sad. They were sad because they all loved Sherwood and was gutted he had been sacked.

2) On the good result against City, well that was down to the fact than Remi played quite defensively whereas Sherwood played a much more expansive game. Really? 

I was of the belief that Ray was a fantastic appointment, but the more i hear from him, the more i think the guy is just as deluded as Tim.

On point 2), Sherwood's so called expansive game (which is bollocks, quite frankly but if that's what he wants to call it then fine) would have seen us hammered in that City game.

I absolutely hate, as a general point, the bullshit train of thought that it's better to lose playing "good" football than get a result playing defensively, which Wilkins seems to be peddling here.

On point 2), Sherwood's so called expansive game (which is bollocks, quite frankly but if that's what he wants to call it then fine) would have seen us hammered in that City game.

I absolutely hate, as a general point, the bullshit train of thought that it's better to lose playing "good" football than get a result playing defensively, which Wilkins seems to be peddling here.

I certainly agree with the point, the thing is its not even like we were playing good football, the players capable of playing an expansive game were never selected.

The side Remi selected against City was much more "expansive" in my opinion. The fact we didn't create an awful lot was down to the fact we were playing against world class players, as opposed to a negative formation.

Rather than a deluded opinion, it may just be a case of sticking up for a friend. With that in mind, the fact he wasn't picked up on these comments kind of grate on me more than the comments themselves.

Â