Ray Wilkins

midian

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

We'll almost certainly never know, but it would be interesting to know whether he was turning up drunk to work at Villa at all. I find it hard to believe he's become a full-blown alcoholic only in the last nine months. 

Pretty sure he was staying at the Belfry during his short time here...Bodymoor Heath only across the road...

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I don't...being rich, hiring a good lawyer and claiming he's an alcoholic who needs help probably just kept him out of prison...

Quite right, he may not actually be an alcoholic but just what he was advised to say to keep him a free man. He was on Talksport a few times recently at 6am and always came across fresh and sober.

Any humourous anecdote I've heard about him in the past has involved heavy amounts of the sauce, so I think it's certainly possible.  Take his licence off him though at the very least.  Genuine alcoholics should never be in possession of a driving licence.  So on one hand it may keep him out of jail, but on the other it immediately means no drivey.

21 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Third time he has been done for drink driving,

Obviously doesn't give a shit about his or anyone elses life.

Is there not any sort of strike rule on the amount of times you can be banned before they just take your license for good? 4yrs actually seems quite lenient given 2 previous convictions. 

On 26/07/2016 at 12:07, BOF said:

Take his licence off him though at the very least.  Genuine alcoholics should never be in possession of a driving licence.  So on one hand it may keep him out of jail, but on the other it immediately means no drivey.

Following on from the above, i wonder if the DVlA distinguish between someone that has been banned for a couple of pints at lunch time, and someone that has admitted he is an alcoholic? You would like to think that in these cases, after the 4yr ban, the DVLA receive medical assurances before simply reissuing a licence.

8 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Over here the authorities make you pay to have a device fitted to your car. You have to blow into the device before the ignition is enabled.

that seems like quite a good idea, although presumably you could just get a sober person to do it for you. 

18 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

that seems like quite a good idea, although presumably you could just get a sober person to do it for you. 

I've always found its easier to get someone drunk before I ask them to blow my device

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I can blame him in part for where we are now given I heard yesterday from the father of one of the players that last summer on pre-season tour he was constantly wasted and getting in trouble.

He stole a living at this club and probably used the money to keep himself out of jail for drink driving.

Pond life.

• Like 3

On 8/25/2016 at 23:03, TrentVilla said:

I heard yesterday from the father of one of the players that last summer on pre-season tour he was constantly wasted and getting in trouble.

This is exactly what I was expecting to hear. People don't just turn into problem drinkers overnight, it's a process that takes months and years to come to fruition, so the timing always suggested that he must have been over-indulging while he was here. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is exactly what I was expecting to hear. People don't just turn into problem drinkers overnight, it's a process that takes months and years to come to fruition, so the timing always suggested that he must have been over-indulging while he was here. 

It goes back a lot further than his time here.

• 8 months later...

Anyone listen to Talksport this morning about 6:25? 

He had a proper row with Neil Custis from the Sun :lol: Seemed to go on for ages, I assume Alan Brazil had nipped out for a piss because there was nobody to tell them both to shut up.

It was about Rashfords goal last night, RW saying that keeper should have "saved it with his teeth" it was so easy but when NC started to say it was a very good FK and that keeper shouldn't be expected to save it RW started insulting him saying that he didn't know anything about football. It was very funny.

Just seemed to go on forever. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

Anyone listen to Talksport this morning about 6:25? 

He had a proper row with Neil Custis from the Sun :lol: Seemed to go on for ages, I assume Alan Brazil had nipped out for a piss because there was nobody to tell them both to shut up.

It was about Rashfords goal last night, RW saying that keeper should have "saved it with his teeth" it was so easy but when NC started to say it was a very good FK and that keeper shouldn't be expected to save it RW started insulting him saying that he didn't know anything about football. It was very funny.

Just seemed to go on forever. 

I need to hear this :crylaugh:if anyone can show where i can listen to

Â