Ray Wilkins

midian

18 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

As much as I don't really like Wilkins, I much prefer listening to him in the morning than Micky Quinn.

Yeah me too. Quinn is (in my opinion) an ill educated nomark who i bet can't believe his luck that he's on the football gravy train as an "informed pundit". He even sticks his nose in when it comes to horse racing just cos he was a breeder/trainer or still might be.

Yeah, you really covered yourself in glory there, eh laa ?

He's not the only one who yanks my chain though. Robbie Savage is another very average footballer now considered an expert in the media and not just cos he was/is a c0ckwomble.

Just wait for Joey Barton to hit the airwaves in the next year or so :(

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Yeah me too. Quinn is (in my opinion) an ill educated nomark who i bet can't believe his luck that he's on the football gravy train as an "informed pundit". He even sticks his nose in when it comes to horse racing just cos he was a breeder/trainer or still might be.

Yeah, you really covered yourself in glory there, eh laa ?

He's not the only one who yanks my chain though. Robbie Savage is another very average footballer now considered an expert in the media and not just cos he was/is a c0ckwomble.

Just wait for Joey Barton to hit the airwaves in the next year or so :(

He's probably tried to eat the gravy train, the fat word removed.

I was having a good day till people started talking about Micky Quim.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Yeah me too. Quinn is (in my opinion) an ill educated nomark who i bet can't believe his luck that he's on the football gravy train as an "informed pundit". 

I couldn't disagree more, mainly because I believe he genuinely thinks he is a brilliant pundit. Witty, insightful, great banter and able to make brilliant observations.

He really is a deluded prick.

• Like 1

Okay so I have just listened to it, and despite not being the biggest fan of Ray Wilkins I must say I think he is well wthin his right to give a bit to this jerk.

Ray was just stating his opinion on the goalkeeper's positioning, and the journo responds with "Are you being serious or is this a joke. Don't be ridiculous. I have not come on here to have a stupid conversation" Pretty insulting to a former player just expressing his opniion. **** that guy.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Wilkins was being a fool there, he will be sacked soon 

Doubt it. Talksport gave him another chance after the drink driving conviction so doubt they'd let him go for something as trivial as that.

I thought the point about the keeper making a bit of a mess of it was valid, the way he (Wilkins) went about it though I thought was very disrespectful to a "guest" on the show. Amazed Brazil or a producer didn't step in earlier.

As was said by NV, my initial thought was is he drunk?

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Sounds like he's been back on the sauce to me...

Click play on this video.  Then click the Settings "Cog" in the bottom right.  Then click Speed and select 0.5.

Sit back, listen, and it all makes more sense.

Seemed a bit like the mask slipped a bit, I bet he's a proper prick behind the scenes.

He was on the other week and they were discussing playing a 60% fit Kompany, Wilkins was like "stick him on the pitch and if he gets crocked again the just **** him off, tough shit". I bet he's a proper tosser on the training field.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Seemed a bit like the mask slipped a bit, I bet he's a proper prick behind the scenes.

He was on the other week and they were discussing playing a 60% fit Kompany, Wilkins was like "stick him on the pitch and if he gets crocked again the just **** him off, tough shit". I bet he's a proper tosser on the training field.

It's all a little clearer how things went so bad so quickly with him at the club

• Like 1

Â