Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

Cattermole. 

Holding that club together singlehandedly, judging on the commentators fawning over him today. 

Looked as bollocks as he usually does from what I could see. 

He can trap a ball further than most players can kick it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

Cattermole. 

Holding that club together singlehandedly, judging on the commentators fawning over him today. 

Looked as bollocks as he usually does from what I could see. 

He can trap a ball further than most players can kick it. 

Whelan would probably lap him twice in a race and think he is 3 years older than him

Cattermole is a parkplayerwho got lucky somehow 

• 2 weeks later...

John Stones. Don't get me wrong, superb footballer, but he still makes stupid mistakes that give away goals on a regular basis, and has been doing it several times a season since forever. Can't see him ever growing out of it.

10 hours ago, KentVillan said:

John Stones. Don't get me wrong, superb footballer, but he still makes stupid mistakes that give away goals on a regular basis, and has been doing it several times a season since forever. Can't see him ever growing out of it.

He isn't a superb footballer though, even someone like JT who never gets the credit he deserved for his actual ability is lightyears ahead of him at 36 when it comes to moving a football off either feet.

Even David Luiz, I will take the brain farts and error because I do actually think in his prime he could play and brought something to a back 3.

John Stones can't play, he isn't even that great on the ball to even come close to making up for the brain farts.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KentVillan said:

He's not a superb footballer though! His passing is laughably overrated. It's like the media dubbed him a 'ball-playing centre back' at a young age, and he just lives off it.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

He isn't a superb footballer though, even someone like JT who never gets the credit he deserved for his actual ability is lightyears ahead of him at 36 when it comes to moving a football off either feet.

Even David Luiz, I will take the brain farts and error because I do actually think in his prime he could play and brought something to a back 3.

John Stones can't play, he isn't even that great on the ball to even come close to making up for the brain farts.

Just seen this, agreed 100%!

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

John stones is just not that good. Nothing to do with pep whose teams don’t concede many goals 

He is meant to be the best coach in the world, so should really be teaching him how to defend. One of footballs basics

Dele Alli.    Now, he is clearly not rubbish, but I do think that he's been over hyped by our national press.    Seems to offer nothing at international level.  Give me Grealish over him any day of the week.  

• Like 2

I believe Mesut Ozil has been mentioned in this thread more than once over the last couple of seasons. 

He just got married. Who was his best man, you ask. Erdogan. He chose Erdogan to be best man. 

Rubbish player, rubbish human being. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

I believe Mesut Ozil has been mentioned in this thread more than once over the last couple of seasons. 

He just got married. Who was his best man, you ask. Erdogan. He chose Erdogan to be best man. 

Rubbish player, rubbish human being. 

Funny that because Erdoğan apparently hates football. He's always bigging up about being 'Turkish' as well, why bloody play for Germany then? I've never rated him as a player as well. 

On 07/06/2019 at 10:54, rodders0223 said:

Look, I mentioned John Stones because I don’t rate him. However, he is very good on the ball for a CB. Maybe not as good as he sometimes gets portrayed, but there’s a reason Pep hasn’t sold him.

The JT thing is a slightly separate point - I don’t think JT ever got appropriate credit for just how good a passer he was off both feet. But you can be a “superb footballer” and still not be anywhere near one of the greatest CBs of his generation.

• 1 month later...

was talking to a mate about Sturridge, he wants villa to sign him, I really don't, ended up looking at his stats

what an absolute myth of a player he is, goalscoring record is awful, take away the 1 season he had with Liverpool upfront with suarez and sterling and its very grim reading

agree with those in the other threads that suggested his love of football is questionable, he's broken his body, made his money, not eaten as much as micah Richards but very similar player

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

was talking to a mate about Sturridge, he wants villa to sign him, I really don't, ended up looking at his stats

what an absolute myth of a player he is, goalscoring record is awful, take away the 1 season he had with Liverpool upfront with suarez and sterling and its very grim reading

agree with those in the other threads that suggested his love of football is questionable, he's broken his body, made his money, not eaten as much as micah Richards but very similar player

I'd rather have Charlie Austin than man of glass Sturridge

Â