Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

was talking to a mate about Sturridge, he wants villa to sign him, I really don't, ended up looking at his stats

what an absolute myth of a player he is, goalscoring record is awful, take away the 1 season he had with Liverpool upfront with suarez and sterling and its very grim reading

agree with those in the other threads that suggested his love of football is questionable, he's broken his body, made his money, not eaten as much as micah Richards but very similar player

Judging by that Dog story today, he has a place in LA so think he'll go and play in MLS.

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

was talking to a mate about Sturridge, he wants villa to sign him, I really don't, ended up looking at his stats

what an absolute myth of a player he is, goalscoring record is awful, take away the 1 season he had with Liverpool upfront with suarez and sterling and its very grim reading

agree with those in the other threads that suggested his love of football is questionable, he's broken his body, made his money, not eaten as much as micah Richards but very similar player

Problem with goal scoring stats is that people often just look at goals and games played. If you come off the bench 25 times a season, you're not likely to score many goals.

Sturridge has 106 career goals in 16224 minutes - that's a goal every 153 minutes. Remove his 1 great season, and you get a goal every 167 minutes.

Just for perspective...
Greizmann scores every 192 minutes
Benzema scores every 145 minutes
Diego Costa scores every 188 minutes

I don't think the issue is whether he can put the ball in the net, it's whether you can get him on the pitch. I do agree with you regarding his interest in playing too, I don't think he's fussed, and I don't blame him. Injuries are shit, he's rich, why risk affecting his health more?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Shotton is the worst footballer I have ever seen in my life. He can't do anything right. Even the most old school can head a bloody ball. Can't even do that.

He played vs us for blues and he was made be a top defender at that level. Couldnt even take a throw in properly

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Tom Ince. Lazy, stroppy, greedy, self indulgent shoot on sight merchant.

His father probably didnt help that much. Tom is a footballer nobody would have ever heard of without his dad. 

Edited by villa89

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Tom Ince. Lazy, stroppy, greedy, self indulgent shoot on sight merchant.

Stoke signed him for 10m rising to 12. Huddersfield signed him for similar so another average player who has gone for stupid transfer fees in last 5 years.

He did show promise a while ago at Blackpool. Didn't he turn down likes of Monaco around that time.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen André Gomes do anything on a football pitch, other than looking like an Ancient demigod of the sulky variety. This includes his time playing in some fairly decent Barcelona teams. 

How he has tricked the football world into paying him millions is beyond my comprehension. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Michelsen said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen André Gomes do anything on a football pitch, other than looking like an Ancient demigod of the sulky variety. This includes his time playing in some fairly decent Barcelona teams. 

How he has tricked the football world into paying him millions is beyond my comprehension. 

Lol I know he was having a bad game but it looked like he was being forced against his will to play for Everton.

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Knew nothing about Gomes, just read his wiki page. When he signed for Barca it says he was awarded worst signing of season... looks like he carried that in for Everton 

Is a story going around that Messi wouldnt pass to him in training or matches

Cross he put in just before half time with Everton pressuring us and he sidefooted wildly over and wide

Â