Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

26 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Lloris with yet another howler and even manages to sustain a disastrous injury in the process. He is without a shadow of a doubt the worst keeper in this league.

Only Leno has made more mistakes leading to goals in the last 3 seasons in the top divisions

On 01/10/2019 at 21:45, VillaChris said:

Yep thought Aurier was poor at PSG aswell. Also seems a complete lunatic.

Kyle Walker Peters is way better than Aurier. But Spurs feel they need someone more proven. Which i don't understand because all Aurier has proved is how crap he is.

Evertime I watch this Fred guy you think he's been dragged off a Sunday league pitch.

What's even more baffling is Pep and Man. City were pretty keen on signing him before baulking at the 50m fee. For a Brazilian his passing is useless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Evertime I watch this Fred guy you think he's been dragged off a Sunday league pitch.

What's even more baffling is Pep and Man. City were pretty keen on signing him before baulking at the 50m fee. For a Brazilian his passing is useless.

Lee Dixon is giving him absolute pelters on the commentary over here.

Imagine Lee Dixon taking the piss out of your passing? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Pepe at Aresenal. I appreciate he has ability but this is very much based off of what I've seen in the Premier League. He looks abysmal, how on earth was he deemed worth £72m? Appears to have little in the way of a football brain and isn't showing any output. Could end up being a monumental waste of money at this rate.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Pepe at Aresenal. I appreciate he has ability but this is very much based off of what I've seen in the Premier League. He looks abysmal, how on earth was he deemed worth £72m? Appears to have little in the way of a football brain and isn't showing any output. Could end up being a monumental waste of money at this rate.

It was £78m wasn’t it? I agree, he reminds me a bit of N’Zogbia better obviously but similar in terms of talent and lack of actual end product or influence.

I'm a bit surprised that Pepe is off to such a horrid start.

What I saw from Ligue 1 was really impressive and there are tons of quality players coming from that league.

Think there is something wrong at Arsenal because they also somehow managed to make Kolasinac poor last season.

Maybe it's the moving to London thing that ruins players?

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Kolasinac looks about 5 kilos overweight

Yeah, when he was at Schalke he had unreal stamina, work rate and fitness. He was like a terminator :D 

Some of that is gone now.

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Seems he did well in France but I remember years back Arsenal signing Gervinho who had also played well in ligue un and he was very average for them and didn't live up to the hype, did o.k in Italy afterwards.

From watching last night Pepe takes way too many touches in the final third, constantly trying to beat 2-3 players all the time so loses the ball constantly. Needs to learn just to when lay it off or have a shot. Bad miss aswell at 0-0.

On 22/10/2019 at 11:48, sne said:

I'm a bit surprised that Pepe is off to such a horrid start.

What I saw from Ligue 1 was really impressive and there are tons of quality players coming from that league.

Think there is something wrong at Arsenal because they also somehow managed to make Kolasinac poor last season.

Maybe it's the moving to London thing that ruins players?

I think people forget the standard of Ligue 1 sometimes, outside of 2-3 clubs it’s pretty shite

looks like they got sold on the hype, he was heavily linked to PSG too, he's not that young but its definitely too soon to write him off, he's in a poor arsenal team surrounded by doom and gloom, emery wont last the season and he might not come good but he will get better, people blinded by the transfer fee I think

as for league 1 it depends what you consider the top 2-3 clubs, PSG are obvious, Lyon, Lille? Marseille and Monaco have gone to shit but there are still some good players in that league and its always going to have its excellent links to Africa meaning its a huge stepping stone league

SInce there are no money in Ligue 1 outside PSG (since the new tax rules and divorce for the Monaco owner) the clubs have no way of holding on to their players when the moneybags come calling.

Lyon lost their place as a financial power house when they built their new stadium. Hopefully Aulas can get them back to some extent.

The PL TV-money is killing football.  

But the number of quality players that are found, developed and transferred out from Ligue 1 is crazy..

Take any given season or club and look at their players and where they came from, more often than not it's from Ligue 1.

So that a players "only did it in the Ligue 1" doesn't hold up for me.

Doesn't mean that Pepe will turn out good, there are of course tons of players from Ligue 1 who turns out flops.

Â