Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

tbh I thought he was their best player (apart from Kane) on Saturday, though there wasn't much competition admittedly. 

He ultimately cost them the game, as has been the story too often recently. He does a lot of good things but his negatives are too costly. He is by far their best defender though, which keeps the claws off of him but he's basically a suped up version of a young Davinson Sanchez, where all his qualities, good and bad are amplified.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He ultimately cost them the game, as has been the story too often recently. He does a lot of good things but his negatives are too costly. He is by far their best defender though, which keeps the claws off of him but he's basically a suped up version of a young Davinson Sanchez, where all his qualities, good and bad are amplified.

I take your point, though for me that free kick was eminently saveable. It's not a good backline, as you say; the decline from the heydays of Alderweireld and Vertonghen has been steep. But Romero is not the priority for removal. 

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I take your point, though for me that free kick was eminently saveable. It's not a good backline, as you say; the decline from the heydays of Alderweireld and Vertonghen has been steep. But Romero is not the priority for removal. 

Not even just the free kick, in pretty sure it was him that cleaned out Ollie for the first goal and was out of position for the Bailey cross. He's not the priority simply because he's the best of a bad bunch and they invested £40m in him, but he's not a good player.

On 08/05/2023 at 18:05, Zatman said:

Wout Faes an absolute dire footballer

Person who scouted him should be sacked and his former club and agent should really be arrested for fraud

I would pay him up at half time and tell him never to return to a football pitch

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would pay him up at half time and tell him never to return to a football pitch

You're right but he just did a great tackle on Salah. Shame it was after he was responsible for them being at least 2 behind.

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think he has been their best player myself 

He's improved last few months but looks like one of those who's just finding the pace of prem a little too much. He'd do much better now if he went back to play in Serie A.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's improved last few months but looks like one of those who's just finding the pace of prem a little too much. He'd do much better now if he went back to play in Serie A.

Yes true but I don't think he's helped by Moyes tactics. Probably needs a season to get used to the pace of the Premier League

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He wasnt very good in Serie A previously

55 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He's an attacking midfielder that cost 40m+ that doesn't get goals or assists.

Dreadful.

He's scored three in his last seven.

Perhaps under next manager with Rice gone they might play him a bit deeper and he develops into Luiz tempo player. No one is moaning him and McGinn only score a couple a season as they're doing such a good job in other aspects of midfield play.

League is full of terrible players, particularily defenders. Really really bad players who you've never heard of , or where they've come from then you look at transfermkt and realise these muppets spent £20m - £30m on some chump from Belgium or France.

Whole of Europe should be laughing at the PL, it's obscene waste.

55 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's scored three in his last seven.

Perhaps under next manager with Rice gone they might play him a bit deeper and he develops into Luiz tempo player. No one is moaning him and McGinn only score a couple a season as they're doing such a good job in other aspects of midfield play.

Luiz has 5 goals, 5 assists from deeper and not as an attacking midfielder. It's not a good comparison.

Â