Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

Can someone tell me what people in the game see in Dominic Solanke?

He's 25 now so not some inexperienced kid. 3 prem goals all season. Now o.k you can say it's Bournemouth but Kieffer Moore had 4 before the world cup break.

Watched him today and he's slow to get into space and pick out passes and that chance when he wanted half an hour to score before Mings slid in to block shows why he isn't good enough for this level.

Considering Bournemouth had good some pace out wide if I were them I'd just start Moore again and go direct and gamble on flick ons.

15 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Can someone tell me what people in the game see in Dominic Solanke?

He's 25 now so not some inexperienced kid. 3 prem goals all season. Now o.k you can say it's Bournemouth but Kieffer Moore had 4 before the world cup break.

Watched him today and he's slow to get into space and pick out passes and that chance when he wanted half an hour to score before Mings slid in to block shows why he isn't good enough for this level.

Considering Bournemouth had good some pace out wide if I were them I'd just start Moore again and go direct and gamble on flick ons.

He's simply an upper championship player. Sometimes these kind of players can come good at PL level when they get to 28 or 29 and get clever.

• Like 1

Neco William, not good defensively and just happens every time I watch him he happens to make a mistake. I thought he was loaned out to Forest from plop, but not realising the plop had con them off for £17m. What's with all these Plop youths who goes for £15m plus and be shit for the rest of their career

3 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Neco William, not good defensively and just happens every time I watch him he happens to make a mistake. I thought he was loaned out to Forest from plop, but not realising the plop had con them off for £17m. What's with all these Plop youths who goes for £15m plus and be shit for the rest of their career

He's only 21 and has played for Wales more than any other club.  To say he's developing as a player would be an understatement, let alone "be shit for the rest" of his career.

Just now, bobzy said:

He's only 21 and has played for Wales more than any other club.  To say he's developing as a player would be an understatement, let alone "be shit for the rest" of his career.

I guess I was about those plop youths in general, the likes of Rhian Brewster, solanke, does nothing but goes for big money.

Yes he may still be young, but I see nothing but a very clumsy player with no positional sense. For the many games he had played he doesn't seems to be as 'experienced', nor is he learning from mistakes 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

I guess I was about those plop youths in general, the likes of Rhian Brewster, solanke, does nothing but goes for big money.

Yes he may still be young, but I see nothing but a very clumsy player with no positional sense. For the many games he had played he doesn't seems to be as 'experienced', nor is he learning from mistakes 

He was pretty damn good at Fulham for the half season he was there, which is (presumably) why Forest paid up for him.

Also depends how you play for club and country, as the likes of Trent Alexander-Arnold has found out.  Liverpool, rampaging attacking wing-back.  England, expected to be in a tight back four with two holding midfielders to cover.  It's very different.  Williams is in a similar boat; at Fulham, he and Robinson provided a lot of attacking width with no real need to be defensively sound.  Forest played in a similar manner (with wing-backs even more attacking tbh) using Spence and Lowe.  Wales don't do that - pretty naturally as they're worse than most international sides, so they're more cautious.  Instead of seeking attacking width from wing-backs, they use James and Wilson from a wide midfield position.

But yeah, it's pretty ridiculous to write a player off at 21.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Harry Wilson hasn't developed much at all from where he was 3-4 years ago.

Seems very much one who's on the periphery of games constantly for club and country and he's 25 so needs to be stepping up now.

He was never that good, took a good free kick thats it

Like a Welsh Ian Harte

13 hours ago, bobzy said:

He will never be a good full back but can be good as an attacking wing back, I've seen Welsh performances from him on a par with the likes of Maehle of Denmark in the inverted left wing back role. 

Forests current tactics don't suit him.

• 3 weeks later...

Has there ever been a bigger drop off than Dele Alli? In the papers today, wearing a vest, inhaling a balloon. Looks like he should be an extra in The Wire. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Has there ever been a bigger drop off than Dele Alli? In the papers today, wearing a vest, inhaling a balloon. Looks like he should be an extra in The Wire. 

Jose Mourinho called that one early. Guy is just wasting away.

Â