Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think that's quite naive. The rules will be changed to suit when needed as has happened before.

Which rules changed previously to allow clubs to spend beyond their FFP limits?

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Looked great at Brighton?

He worked in a system which operates in a specific way. Chelsea do not have such a system. That’s why Brighton were able to replace him so easily (and cheaply) because who ever they bring in will be trained to do the same tasks. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

Moises Caicedo, in the top ten most expensive players in history.

Pub player.

I always thought he looked busy at Brighton but not an outstanding footballer. Certainly not worth the money or probably even half the money Chelsea paid for him and I could see him struggling to get in the team next season. Bassouma who ciacado replaced is in my opinion a much better footballer 

11 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

Moises Caicedo, in the top ten most expensive players in history.

Pub player.

Such a clumsy player. Reminds me of Cissokho at times. Bumbling about you've never sure if he's going to break your leg just trying to plant his when running.

1 hour ago, punkiller1981 said:

I always thought he looked busy at Brighton but not an outstanding footballer. Certainly not worth the money or probably even half the money Chelsea paid for him and I could see him struggling to get in the team next season. Bassouma who ciacado replaced is in my opinion a much better footballer 

He is Drinkwateresque

Edited by Follyfoot

Not looking through the thread and probably been mentioned, but Mudryk is next to useless. Thought he might be like a Nunez, but I doubt he will ever become good. Looks like someone who has never played at a high level before, real strange.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Looks like someone who has never played at a high level before, real strange.

That's because he hasn't played at a high level before. The group stage of the champions league is far from a high level. Celtic in there for example, and the big teams are running at 50% power because they know they will qualify anyway. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, villa89 said:

That's because he hasn't played at a high level before. The group stage of the champions league is far from a high level. Celtic in there for example, and the big teams are running at 50% power because they know they will qualify anyway. 

Glad someone said it

Based on the transfer thread and various other comments dotted around it seems to me like the CL is seriously overrated at times, there's a lot of dross in there too

the leveler will be lack of experience and naivety, it won't be quality, we already have a CL ready squad 

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Glad someone said it

Based on the transfer thread and various other comments dotted around it seems to me like the CL is seriously overrated at times, there's a lot of dross in there too

the leveler will be lack of experience and naivety, it won't be quality, we already have a CL ready squad 

We have a CL ready first team. Our bench is too weak to cope with CL and the league. Look at Newcastle this season. We struggled through a conference league group. 

Just now, villa89 said:

We have a CL ready first team. Our bench is too weak to cope with CL and the league. Look at Newcastle this season. We struggled through a conference league group. 

I think the conference league struggle was the naivety in the belief that it would be easy and we could just turn up but then also the experience that European football is slightly different in tempo playing styles and then the refs 

We are still incredibly green in terms of European games as a squad 

But in the context of we couldn't give the likes of young boys or celtic or union Berlin a game it's bollocks, of course we could 

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think the conference league struggle was the naivety in the belief that it would be easy and we could just turn up but then also the experience that European football is slightly different in tempo playing styles and then the refs 

We are still incredibly green in terms of European games as a squad 

But in the context of we couldn't give the likes of young boys or celtic or union Berlin a game it's bollocks, of course we could 

We just wouldn't be drawn with any of those teams, thanks to seeding which was a rubbish decision which removed 95% of interest from the group stages (I know the system is changing next season, I don't know if seeding still has a role in who we would play?)

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

We just wouldn't be drawn with any of those teams, thanks to seeding which was a rubbish decision which removed 95% of interest from the group stages (I know the system is changing next season, I don't know if seeding still has a role in who we would play?)

Being as the whole setup of the competition is to protect the "big teams" I'm guessing it absolutely will

19 hours ago, villa89 said:

Add the 4 players that got unusual and unlucky season ending injuries to our squad and we are strong enough to cope with the League and any European competition.

I guess we may still need one or two more,  amd to get lucky with injuries not being more than two week layoffs, but we don't need major overhaul. Just a bit of luck. We don't have the money of Man City to buy our way out of bad luck. 

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

yeah we will

they still have seeding, its 4 pots with 1 home game and 1 away game vs a team from each pot, so we will play 2 teams from the lowest pot (which we will also be in) so its spread 4 x 8 teams in each pot, we play 2 "big" teams*, 2 good teams, 2 decent teams, 2 teams that could end up being pretty poor, depending on the luck of the draw we could get some "weak" teams

* it can be english teams, would be just our luck to final get CL only to be drawn in glamour ties vs man city and liverpool

• Thanks 1

Â