Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

yeah we will

they still have seeding, its 4 pots with 1 home game and 1 away game vs a team from each pot, so we will play 2 teams from the lowest pot (which we will also be in) so its spread 4 x 8 teams in each pot, we play 2 "big" teams*, 2 good teams, 2 decent teams, 2 teams that could end up being pretty poor, depending on the luck of the draw we could get some "weak" teams

* it can be english teams, would be just our luck to final get CL only to be drawn in glamour ties vs man city and liverpool

I'm not sure this is correct.  You'll still avoid association teams unless absolutely necessary - which could happen if England gets 5 teams, but we (or other English teams) wouldn't play 2 other English sides; it'd be a max of 1.  

21 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Add the 4 players that got unusual and unlucky season ending injuries to our squad and we are strong enough to cope with the League and any European competition.

I guess we may still need one or two more,  amd to get lucky with injuries not being more than two week layoffs, but we don't need major overhaul. Just a bit of luck. We don't have the money of Man City to buy our way out of bad luck. 

If Mings and Buendia hadn't got the terrible injuries we wouldn't have signed Zaniolo or Lenglet imo so squad size would've stayed the same.

In CL we'll be playing higher intensity matches than Europa conference and also eight european games by end of January. That's compared to just 6 up to early March from the competition we're currently in so a bit optimistic to think we'll get less injuries next season although hopefully they'll just be 2-3 week jobs compared to the season restricting or enders we've had from 3-4 of the group already.

I think anyone expecting us to be competitive as much in prem next season while being in CL will be disappointed. They'll probably also be demanding a league cup run but think that will have to be sacrificed like the Everton game on the quiet was.

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm not sure this is correct.  You'll still avoid association teams unless absolutely necessary - which could happen if England gets 5 teams, but we (or other English teams) wouldn't play 2 other English sides; it'd be a max of 1.  

the absolutely necessary bit could kick in, they seed pot 1 by the winner + the highest 8 coefficient teams (according to wiki but surely it would make more sense to be 7?) 

at the moment 3 teams in the top 8 are english, wouldn't happen next season as one of those teams are chelsea but if it got in to a scenario where say 4 english teams are in the top 8 and all in the competition then it would have to happen - but thinking about it then it would have to be a pot 1 english club vs another pot 1 english club meaning if we were in pot 4 it wouldnt matter, there's nothing stopping say bayern munich playing man city, liverpool and us (unless there's that rule too?)

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If Mings and Buendia hadn't got the terrible injuries we wouldn't have signed Zaniolo or Lenglet imo so squad size would've stayed the same.

In CL we'll be playing higher intensity matches than Europa conference and also eight european games by end of January. That's compared to just 6 up to early March from the competition we're currently in so a bit optimistic to think we'll get less injuries next season although hopefully they'll just be 2-3 week jobs compared to the season restricting or enders we've had from 3-4 of the group already.

I think anyone expecting us to be competitive as much in prem next season while being in CL will be disappointed. They'll probably also be demanding a league cup run but think that will have to be sacrificed like the Everton game on the quiet was.

Valid points. I'm not expecting us to have a run in any cup, but I'm hoping we can if injuries don't destroy our squad. Having seen what Emery has achieved with what we have this season, it's not wrong to expect us to do better with fewer injuries and players that we bring on being better than the placeholders we signed instead of them this season. 

To bring it back on topic, and to what the OP said, there are teams in the CL that are rubbish. And the players that play for them that claim CL experience, are not necessarily good players.

As perfectly demonstrated by Mudryk. Who is definitely one for this thread at this stage of his career, especially with his much Chelsea signed him for. 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the absolutely necessary bit could kick in, they seed pot 1 by the winner + the highest 8 coefficient teams (according to wiki but surely it would make more sense to be 7?) 

at the moment 3 teams in the top 8 are english, wouldn't happen next season as one of those teams are chelsea but if it got in to a scenario where say 4 english teams are in the top 8 and all in the competition then it would have to happen - but thinking about it then it would have to be a pot 1 english club vs another pot 1 english club meaning if we were in pot 4 it wouldnt matter, there's nothing stopping say bayern munich playing man city, liverpool and us (unless there's that rule too?)

They avoid same association games.  So if you have 4 teams from one country, you won't play another.  If you have 5, it MIGHT happen, but only if entirely unavoidable.

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They avoid same association games.  So if you have 4 teams from one country, you won't play another.  If you have 5, it MIGHT happen, but only if entirely unavoidable.

yeah it'll work with 4 but not 5 and they all have to be in pot 1

say there's man city, arsenal, liverpool and us in pot 1 along with barca, madrid, psg and bayern then simple as possible city and arsenal play bayern and madrid and liverpool and us play psg and bayern

with a 5th team in pot 1 that wont work - but the likelihood of 5 English teams in pot 1 is so slim that it would never happen, you would need someone like us in pot 4 to win it and get bumped up

Amrabat on loan at Man Utd I’m throwing in there. If we had signed him I would have been massively underwhelmed and disappointed. Seems to be the central midfield version of Anthony (I know he is left back today ) likes to showboat take lots of time and try Hollywood passes but actually provides no quality at all

21 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Amrabat on loan at Man Utd I’m throwing in there. If we had signed him I would have been massively underwhelmed and disappointed. Seems to be the central midfield version of Anthony (I know he is left back today ) likes to showboat take lots of time and try Hollywood passes but actually provides no quality at all

He's a decent CM in a slower tempo league, was pretty good for Fiorentina on the whole.

At Man. United he seems to be just covering left back most of the time. Would be like us playing Tielemans in that position......

• 4 weeks later...

Now that he is playing, its incredibly obvious how shit Kalvin Phillips is. Have said even at Leeds that he is one of the worst players in the League

Thought Tommy Doyle was the very definition of a lightweight and ineffectual midfielder today. Weak as anything in the build up to the second goal. People have a go at Tielemans for similar but he's streets ahead as a CM.

Wasn't this guy seen as a similar talent to Cole Palmer at Man. City?

Lindelof been at Man. United seven years now. He's one of the most lightweight CBs I've seen at the top level. Toney was holding him off with his ease and he just backs off constantly when he's put at full back.

Very much sums up their mediocrity. 

Kalvin Phillips. Secures a big money move to Man City, hardly plays but still gets in the Endland Squad. Everything was rosy in his garden

Fast forward a couple of years, he is now getting game time and is 💩. Pretty must a disaster every time he is on the pitch for the hammers 🤣 

Expect him to be playing championship football in a couple of seasons. Will prob go back to Leeds and get relegated 🤣

Â