Micah Richards

Demitri_C

If he really cannot play professionally again why aren't Villa hiring an independent doctor to prove this and to cancel his contract? Medical insurance?

A professional footballer getting paid professional fees and cannot physically  do his job surely should not still be here?

He should be a multi, multi millionaire by now so I don't feel like Villa really need to prop up his finances as he should be set for life anyway.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If he really cannot play professionally again why aren't Villa hiring an independent doctor to prove this and to cancel his contract? Medical insurance?

A professional footballer getting paid professional fees and cannot physically  do his job surely should not still be here?

He should be a multi, multi millionaire by now so I don't feel like Villa really need to prop up his finances as he should be set for life anyway.

I guess because he was medically assessed by our own doctors, and subsequently given a 4 year contract as that assessment was deemed suitable enough to give him said contract.

It was our own stupid fault tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

Some talk of Richards retiring at end of season due to injury. Apparently he would have done it last summer, but it is advantageous for the club under the insurance policy to wait till contract ends - so the club ok with this.

In some ways I do feel for him. I didn't realise his injury was that and and that must be hard on him. 

Was a poor signing but one thing ill respect him for was when he had the guts to talk to the fans during our horrible spell in the league. 

On 18/01/2019 at 17:46, The Fun Factory said:

Although, I am uncertain how this would legally work, surely football clubs insure their assets, namely players. Therefore perhaps a insurance claim has been requested or even awarded.

On 19/01/2019 at 04:07, Zatman said:

Few of our overpaid wasters never found clubs. Nzogbia, Gabby, im not sure Habib Beye ever had much games after Villa same with Lescott

It really sums up what a joke of club we became (and maybe still are 😪) the sheer money wasted when other clubs were buying bargains and using their scouting networks, we were signing 'has beens' on big wages while our scouting network spent their quality time playing FIFA and writing down the names of regens they could look out for in the future!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

On 19/01/2019 at 01:46, The Fun Factory said:

I'm pretty sure the insurance will cover it, hence why we didn't terminate his contract. He'll retire and then everyone is compensated from what I've read.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villan_007 said:

I'm pretty sure the insurance will cover it, hence why we didn't terminate his contract. He'll retire and then everyone is compensated from what I've read.

What about my time? Can they give me my time back?

231 pages? Can they compensate me that?

How can they measure that? Sure, we move it to other football and in time we move on but at what cost. At what cost?!

231 pages. 4 years. So many bumps. So little movement.

God have mercy on us all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

What about my time? Can they give me my time back?

231 pages? Can they compensate me that?

How can they measure that? Sure, we move it to other football and in time we move on but at what cost. At what cost?!

231 pages. 4 years. So many bumps. So little movement.

God have mercy on us all.

We the fans always miss out. A free poster or  a beer mat with micahs face on should be the least they can do.

• 1 month later...
Â