The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I've fallen off my chair twice.

I had a similar moment when I saw it was the big news of the day on BBC Breakfast this morning. Utter nonsense.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, magnkarl said:

It only took several years Momentum - but you've finally realised that you've got a problem..

Labour antisemitism more widespread than thought, Momentum says

It would probably help if they weren't so coloured by their undying support for Hamas and other groups they deem morally "right". Both the EDF and Hamas are at fault in Israel but as long as no one can make a clear cut plan to end the conflict this is going to keep going around in circles taking politicians with it in the maelstrom.

Corbyn as the leader of the opposition needs to realise that he can't be so partisan. It's easy to demonstrate on the lawn outside your uni or in the fringes of a large party but it's another thing entirely to try to be nuanced when you're trying to actually offer up a decent alternative for a whole nation.

I think Momentum have got it just about right with their statement. There have been 3 or 4 different things going on - anti semitic dribble from a significant number of Labour councillors, members etc. A blind eye being turned by various party types in terms of addressing the crap. Some typical dumb-ass Corbyn and lackey " I didn't see/I didn't know/I didn't inhale" type semi denials, a whole bunch of "whataboutery and the MSM and Blairites" are plotting to overthrow saint Jez and indeed some exploitation of the mess by the normal suspects.

As for being partisan, I have no problem with Corbyn being partisan in terms of standing up for and supporting and sympathising with the plight of the brutalised Palestinians and the appalling actions of the IDF Soldiers and the Israeli Government. That's all (IMO) actually the right thing to be doing. Where I think he's wrong and you're right is that his uncritical support for Hamas, Hizbollah and so on is (common theme with Jezza) turning a blind eye to some equally vile murders and executions and random rocket attacks, suicide bombings and all the rest of it.

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Poor old Jeremy. Goes along to a Jewish based local Labour meeting, also attended by a local rabbi, but it turns out they were the wrong sort of jewish group as far as the right wing press and other jewish pressure groups were concerned. Perhaps the deputies could give him the list of which jewish groups are ok to listen to and which ones aren't. Getting sillier and sillier now. Beginning to smack of the People's front of judeah sketches.

It's gone a bit mad hasn't it? It's gone from one extreme - blatant anti-semitism being ignored / condoned by various Cultist dingbats and whoppers in Labour and all sorts of perfectly sane and sensible people being vilified for daring to point out that perhaps anti-semitism needs to be stopped and now to various dingbats in the media trying to assert that almost anything is proof of anti-semitism in Labour. Farce.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Why was Corbyn so **** cool immediately after Brexit, but now he's a dickhead? 

Huge turnaround in attitudes in the last 9 months. 

He was never cool , he was like watching your dad dancing at a wedding , whilst promising all the guests free drink all night before realising he’d left his wallet at home 

It's a bit typical though isn't it. Instead of talking to the community he's gone to an event with one of the hardest left groups he could find within said demographic. Whoever is his PR adviser really hasn't caught on - have they?

It feels a bit like "I'm not racist, I've got loads of friends in the Jewish community!!! look!!" He could have gone to have Seder with the community as a whole up the road in Chabad Lubavitch - instead he's pandering to more people like those who have brought him into this trouble in momentum. What happened to the brain power of our politicians?

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

instead he's pandering to more people like those who have brought him into this trouble in momentum

I dunno. It depends whop you think Momentum is. If it's essentially the mass of enthusiastic, mostly young "Oh Jeremy Corbyn" chanting people, then absolutely not. They're just people who have latched onto, or seen something in Corbyn's "message" that they like, and I can understand that, even if they're (IMO) going to end up very disappointed with the reality.

If you're talking about the machinations that have gone on in terms of some hard left "do as I say not as I do" career agitators, malcontents and nobbers, fellow travellers of Corbyn, who've wriggled into the upper echelons of momentum then also no. So no.

I suspect he went to that thing 'cus he wanted to. Not to pander to anyone, probably the opposite to an extent. Just because he goes his own way. He's an instinctive "against" person. It's one reason why he'd be an appalling PM. 

In fairness I understand Corbyn offered to speak with representatives of 'the Jewish Community' and they just rejected it with a publicly released list of demands they wanted to even consider meeting him. And the group he did visit invited him.

The story is farcical. Enlightening for how obvious the faux concern from politicians has been though. There's no unicorn they won't slay for a chance to the greasy pole.

• Like 1

Seems to have been some 'well they aren't real Jews' grumbling from some of the very people who were complaining about anti-Semitism ten days ago (at least on Twitter). 

This last accusation has done a lot of work undermining any important points that were made earlier. It was bullshit that came from noted serious journalist Guido Fawkes's website, and highlights that for many (I don't want to say 'most', but it's clearly a substantial number) the story was only ever a stick with which to hit Corbyn rather than their serious concern about the prevalence of anti-Semitism. A shame, really, because it's an important issue. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

for many (I don't want to say 'most', but it's clearly a substantial number) the story was only ever a stick with which to hit Corbyn rather than their serious concern about the prevalence of anti-Semitism.

I don't think that's quite right. I think you could equally argue that the story was only ever a complete confirmation that Corbyn is a Bell. - i.e. it depends on your starting position. If you think he's great, then the story is all about your hero being attacked, whereas if you think he's a useless twunt, then the story is all about confirming that viewpoint - so it's confirmation bias, in both regards. Except, obviously, for the actual copious evidence of genuine anti-semitism and inadequate/absent censure of that anti-semitism within Labour. That in itself isn't directly Corbyn's fault - it's always been there (and the same in other paries too, no doubt), but it's more prevalent in the Corbyn wing of the Labour moevement than elsewhere, and it's why it's such a problem for him in terms of the story. 

Â