The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

23 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

You mean in the case where I just said I disagree with the tory party ruling? I'm not sure if I should be flattered about all this attention.

I can name you plenty of people who have been expelled in the tory party for much less than what she was cleared of.

Well, if you could, that would be great, I'd like to read that (seriously). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

I see that the Labour party have made a slightly, erm, 'left field' selection to stand as the candidate in Worcester.

I guess Robin Walker's the most pleased to see such a pick.

Surely she will be deselected, now this has come to light. It's a pretty horrible blunder. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

I see that the Labour party have made a slightly, erm, 'left field' selection to stand as the candidate in Worcester.

I predict she actually won't be the candidate

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Surely she will be deselected, now this has come to light. It's a pretty horrible blunder. 

She didn't disclose any of that on her application. She'll be gone sooner rather than later

Still absolutely shocking that no one picked up on it sooner though, especially in a key marginal

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

She didn't disclose any of that on her application. She'll be gone sooner rather than later

Still absolutely shocking that no one picked up on it sooner though, especially in a key marginal

I wonder whose job it is to check the social media of potential candidates. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I wonder whose job it is to check the social media of potential candidates. 

Local Party apparently, it was stopped in 2005 as something that the NEC got involved with

• Like 1

4 hours ago, snowychap said:

Careful mate, she'll launch a case against you :ph34r:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Xela said:

Careful mate, she'll launch a case against you :ph34r:

She can’t she’s actually been banned from launching any action against anyone without the permission of judge After wasting half a million quid of public money

17 hours ago, bickster said:

I predict she actually won't be the candidate

Having read her 'statement', I'm not so sure as she appears to be just repeating her claims and also saying that the selection bods were fully aware of all of the legal matters (not sure about the Jo Cox thing):

*holding my nose linking to it* Worcester News:

Labour’s Parliamentary candidate for Worcester has broken her silence following newspaper reports on her being the subject of 14 High Court orders regarding claims she made against a number of government agencies.

Mandy Richards, who has been described as ‘a fantasist’ after making claims against MI5 among others, has posted a response on her Facebook page this evening.

Her statement: In response to articles and comments posted over the weekend I would like to initially state that if being a victim of domestic harassment and standing up for my rights makes me a fantasist then shame on those levelling such taunts, as it is clear they would rather have women and black people suffer in silence than seek advocacy and resolution.

By way of clarification of the matters raised, between 2015 - 2017 there were a number of unexplained incidents in and around my home including home invasion, theft, a car break-in, computer hacking, bike tampering, mail tampering, a fridge fire and electrical surges rendering my computers and mobile phones unusable. This all coincided with a series of serious unexplained health conditions.

As both of the above cases named ‘Progress’, a campaign group associated with the Labour Party, and Hackney Council as respondents, I discussed the matters at length with executive officers from the Party prior to the Worcester selection process commencing. Documents related to both cases have also been in the public domain for some time. I apologise to Labour Party members for any consternation or upset the articles published this weekend may have caused, but I can assure you categorically the cases brought were all above board.

I don't believe the court saw any of these claims in the same light that she did and obviously still does.

On 27/03/2018 at 12:00, dAVe80 said:

I just wonder where he finds with time to a bit of Anti-Semiting, what with all the Russian and Czech spying.

I see Jeremy Corbyn has belatedly joined the likes of those daft centrists and vile Blairites trying to undermine that nice Jeremy Corbyn by making unfounded attacks on Labour and anti-semitism.

here

Jeremy Corbyn has issued a strong condemnation of antisemitism before a crunch meeting with Jewish communal groups, saying the party’s structures were unfit for purpose and that it must confront the fact that a number of members held antisemitic views.

The Labour leader said in the past fortnight alone, more than 20 individuals had been suspended from party membership, and more were being investigated....

...Writing in the Evening Standard, before Tuesday’s meeting in parliament, Corbyn said: “We have not done enough to get to grips with the problem, and the Jewish community and our Jewish members deserve an apology. My party and I are sorry for the hurt and distress caused.”

Corbyn said Labour’s staff had been sent “examples of Holocaust denial, crude stereotypes of Jewish bankers, conspiracy theories blaming 9/11 on Israel, and even one member who appeared to believe that Hitler had been misunderstood”.

Actually, credit to him for getting there in the end. Not sure about his timing, though, again. 

1 hour ago, blandy said:

I see Jeremy Corbyn has belatedly joined the likes of those daft centrists and vile Blairites trying to undermine that nice Jeremy Corbyn by making unfounded attacks on Labour and anti-semitism.

here

Actually, credit to him for getting there in the end. Not sure about his timing, though, again. 

Good. As I said, anyone found guilty of anti-Semitism should be kicked out the party. I'm glad he's taken the action he has, although I'd expect nothing less.

You know you quoted a tongue in cheek post, that doesn't really say anything other than I don't believe that Jeremy Corbyn is an anti-Semite though, right?

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

You know you quoted a tongue in cheek post, that doesn't really say anything other than I don't believe that Jeremy Corbyn is an anti-Semite though, right?

Yeah, obviously Dave. I might be stupid, but I’m not an idiot :D.  It was the reference to anti Semitic that was clearly humorous that I picked, cus if I’d picked a serious one, someone might have misun....oh, never mind :P

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yeah, obviously Dave. I might be stupid, but I’m not an idiot :D.  It was the reference to anti Semitic that was clearly humorous that I picked, cus if I’d picked a serious one, someone might have misun....oh, never mind :P

It seems I misunderstood the tone. Here's some Half Man Half Biscuit as way of an apology....

• Like 1

Â