Villa Kit 2015-2016

floody555

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think both kits are absolutely divine and I hope to be married in them. I don't mind which one I wear. My husband can wear the other.

I don't really get football fans talking about kits as if they're clobber. If you meet a girl and she notices you're wearing a piece of clothing that expresses which football team you like, I reckon there are few bigger turn offs. Now if you're down the pub wearing one, hoping to pick up some young or old man to chat Micah Richards to for an hour or two, I'm not sure why it matters that you look really fit in it. Or if you're playing 5-a-side and your friend says that he thinks the kit you have is **** ace, does he mean that it looks really nice, or that you look really nice in it? Would he be as keen to compliment any other item of your clothing? Those jeggings really look smashing on you Dave, I bet your wife loves shagging you after you've been wearing those, am I right?

Wearing the clothes that the footballers that you like wear after the age of maybe 14 at a push, isn't it a bit strange. Now I'm like John Carew because I have an imitation of the shirt he wears. And moreover discussing these football shirts as if they have a place in a conversation about fashion. When you say the shirt looks beautiful, what do you mean? Like a sunset? Like a pair of tits? Like Ciaran Clark's tackle on that Leicester guy? Yeah I liked the tackle too, but I wouldn't wear it. I wouldn't wear a picture of a waterfall either.

Yeah I do think that football shirts sometimes look good. Cool. Like fonzie. Or James Bond. Our players will look cool in those shirts. Is that what we're saying? Are we playing dress up with our human, ultra-fit dolls? Because that's what it seems like. When I got an action man I stripped him naked and threw away his clothes never to be seen again. Because I am a boy, and I don't play dress up. And those clothes didn't fit him. And it made all my other toys uncomfortable. At what point did grown men decide that playing dress up was ok? If I'm a 35 year old man and my six year old son starts talking about the clothes he'd like to see Jordan Veretout wear this autumn, I'd make him smoke an entire pack of cigarettes. But if my mate does it down the pub, it's perfectly normal for me to counter his proposition with an opinion I have about the collar or the quality of the stitching.

What am I missing?

• Like 4

I think both kits are absolutely divine and I hope to be married in them. I don't mind which one I wear. My husband can wear the other.

I don't really get football fans talking about kits as if they're clobber. If you meet a girl and she notices you're wearing a piece of clothing that expresses which football team you like, I reckon there are few bigger turn offs. Now if you're down the pub wearing one, hoping to pick up some young or old man to chat Micah Richards to for an hour or two, I'm not sure why it matters that you look really fit in it. Or if you're playing 5-a-side and your friend says that he thinks the kit you have is **** ace, does he mean that it looks really nice, or that you look really nice in it? Would he be as keen to compliment any other item of your clothing? Those jeggings really look smashing on you Dave, I bet your wife loves shagging you after you've been wearing those, am I right?

Wearing the clothes that the footballers that you like wear after the age of maybe 14 at a push, isn't it a bit strange. Now I'm like John Carew because I have an imitation of the shirt he wears. And moreover discussing these football shirts as if they have a place in a conversation about fashion. When you say the shirt looks beautiful, what do you mean? Like a sunset? Like a pair of tits? Like Ciaran Clark's tackle on that Leicester guy? Yeah I liked the tackle too, but I wouldn't wear it. I wouldn't wear a picture of a waterfall either.

Yeah I do think that football shirts sometimes look good. Cool. Like fonzie. Or James Bond. Our players will look cool in those shirts. Is that what we're saying? Are we playing dress up with our human, ultra-fit dolls? Because that's what it seems like. When I got an action man I stripped him naked and threw away his clothes never to be seen again. Because I am a boy, and I don't play dress up. And those clothes didn't fit him. And it made all my other toys uncomfortable. At what point did grown men decide that playing dress up was ok? If I'm a 35 year old man and my six year old son starts talking about the clothes he'd like to see Jordan Veretout wear this autumn, I'd make him smoke an entire pack of cigarettes. But if my mate does it down the pub, it's perfectly normal for me to counter his proposition with an opinion I have about the collar or the quality of the stitching.

What am I missing?

Yea but, they're nice kits though, right?

• Like 1

I do really like the new away kit. But I've had some nightmares dealing with Quickbooks over the years at work - I could never buy a shirt with their name on it!

What am I missing?

I wear the shirt so that Tony three doors down doesn't think his dad earns more than my dad.

Basic Thorstein Veblen, innit?

I'd rather keep Macron. I think they're massively underrated and a lot of the hate they get is probably just because they're not a "name" in the same way Nike or Adidas are.

Only last year's away kit was better than most of the kits NIke produced for us.

I have no problem with us having Macron, I just want nice kits and I don't think Macron really give us that. The home kit this season and the away last season are probably the highlights of their time with us. 

I only wear the replica kits to play football in.  So it has to be comfortable enough to play in.  Anyone know what the fit etc is like on these?

I haven't worn one, but I've seen/felt them in the flesh and they didn't seem particularly figure hugging. The material is very light as well.

Should be comfortable to wear.

Slightly OT, does anyone know if last years stuff is still for sale in the club shop, its available on line but I'm buggered if I'm paying £5 to have a shirt delivered

Edited by Jimzk5

Where are you finding it online? I can only see this years stuff on the official site.

I found last years kits and training gear cheap on the Macron European site but they don't deliver to the UK.

Was hoping to pick up a kit for my 10 year old son on the cheap, cant justify paying nearly £50 for the new one, with 9 months life.

I've not liked any of the kits since macron came in. I buy them now for my son's, youngest had away and eldest has home.

They just feel cheap, which is ironic because it probably costs macron more to make kits than it does Nike.

I might be own my own here but the away strip looked bloody awful on Saturday.

Sooner we dump Macron the better, awful quality all of mine have transfer peeling of some sort even with delicate washing.

I've bought either the home or away shirt every season for as long as I can remember.  I think this year I'm going to stop.  Not because I don't like this years kits, I really like the away shirt.  I only ever wear a replica shirt when I go down the Villa so I'm thinking I'll just buy the '94 away replica and be done with it rather than pay £50 every year.

I've bought either the home or away shirt every season for as long as I can remember.  I think this year I'm going to stop.  Not because I don't like this years kits, I really like the away shirt.  I only ever wear a replica shirt when I go down the Villa so I'm thinking I'll just buy the '94 away replica and be done with it rather than pay £50 every year.

I've stopped too.  I've an enormous collection of Villa tops so I'll just choose from those if I ever need one.

Â