Watford

VillaChris

I thought Quique did a good job for them in 15/16 and was surprised when they sacked him considering Mazzarri didn't adapt to premier league at all and made them worse the following season. His record since is pretty unspectacular.

Tough start for him with what they have after the break.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

True but at least they had a plan. When Houllier, Lambert and Sherwood left for example we had no idea what to do. Was sacking for the sake of it

We sacked Sherwood a week after Sunderland got in Big Sam. As poor as we were at that time we'd have still had a decent chance of staying up in 15/16 given it was only October and his percentage football would've picked up draws and the odd win before xmas, it's what he did at Sunderland anyway while the winless three month start under Garde relegated us.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We sacked Sherwood a week after Sunderland got in Big Sam. As poor as we were at that time we'd have still had a decent chance of staying up in 15/16 given it was only October and his percentage football would've picked up draws and the odd win before xmas, it's what he did at Sunderland anyway while the winless three month start under Garde relegated us.

I remember repeatedly making this argument at the time. Not getting Fat Sam was a huge mistake, and it was absolutely obvious. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I remember repeatedly making this argument at the time. Not getting Fat Sam was a huge mistake, and it was absolutely obvious. 

Would have just papered over the cracks again. We needed a complete clean slate and relegation was needed

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Desperate roll of the dice

But if Pearson can't come in bang some tables and shout them to a couple of points then I'm not sure who can

Probably fat Sam followed by them staying up and an out pouring that we should have done it already followed by silence when they're dogshit again next season and he gets bulleted too 

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

3 permanent managers this season... Gracia, Flores and Pearson

They usually have someone lined up to come in

Chris Hughton didn’t look too surprised on Sky just - wonder if he turned up to the studio in a Watford jacket? 

I wouldnt be surprised if Watford dont re-appoint Gracia or Sanchez Flores soon. I think they work on Serie A type deals when its possible to re-hire the same manager  if still on gardening leave after sacking them. Palermo hired Guidolin about 5 times after sacking him

Â