PauloBarnesi

i think they have to give away 500k tickets a season to the local council anyway, not sure how they do it but they would no doubt use that to help skew the attendances (i doubt they give any free tickets out when they play chelsea)

add in them potentially increasing the away attendances (we could take 5-10k down there 1st time i reckon) and it will be around the 30k mark

the interesting thing will be what the bastards do with away ticket prices, the £30 PL cost wont be happening, they'll probably use an increase to pay for more cheap season tickets, id be surprised if it was less than £45

• Like 1

On 12/2/2017 at 16:09, VillaChris said:

What sort of attendance would they get for championship football, 20-30k?

The last time they were down (2012), their average attendance was 30,923.

That was the highest in the division.

On 03/12/2017 at 08:05, S-Platt said:

They have a waiting list for season tickets of 50K if you believe the bollocks that Karen Brady speaks!!

That has to be up there alongside all bollocks that is spoken by the candiates on the apprentice. Obviously wearing off on her now too.

3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Maximum. More like 15k - 20k.

They are not as big as they think they are,  London's Small Heath if ever there was one.

You'd be surprised. west Ham have always been a well supported team. I think they would still get 40-50 k in the championship

10 hours ago, bobzy said:

The last time they were down (2012), their average attendance was 30,923.

That was the highest in the division.

Upton Park though. Olympic stadium hacked off their loyal fanbase so think relegation will be the tipping point with all the sack the board chants recently.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think they would still get 40-50 k in the championship

Not sure if you are serious?  There's no chance West Ham would be getting anywhere near 50k in the Championship.

I'd be surprised if they got 30k on a regular basis playing at the Olympic stadium in the 2nd tier. 50k? No a chance.

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Upton Park though. Olympic stadium hacked off their loyal fanbase so think relegation will be the tipping point with all the sack the board chants recently.

Maybe.  They're currently averaging 57k/game.  I don't think that would drop to below 30k if they were relegated.  That's asking for a huge drop off in support.

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Maybe.  They're currently averaging 57k/game.  I don't think that would drop to below 30k if they were relegated.  That's asking for a huge drop off in support.

Yes how much has our support dropped off. I would not expect West hams support to drop by more than 10k per game. load more cheap tickets and tourist support along with their loyal fan base.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

load more cheap tickets and tourist support along with their loyal fan base.

If you are a tourist in London you are drawn to Premier League football.  Doubt they will get the floating tourists.  As someone said look at Fulhams lack of tourists now they are in The Championship.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bobzy said:

They're not all died in the wool Hammers fans. Maybe are tourists, others are attracted by the stadium.

Arsenal don't sell out much these days and have a fair few attendances not much over 50k and they're still in the mix for top 4.

I too don't believe for one second the bull spouted by Brady they have this waiting list otherwise why weren't they selling out Upton Park every week?

Edited by VillaChris

With Hart in goal they lose 4-0 at Everton.

Adrian comes in and its a close 2-1 loss away at Man City, and clean sheets against Chelsea and Arsenal.

And still you get pundits and former players saying Hart should be number 1 for England at the World Cup.

• Like 4

Â