PauloBarnesi

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Funny how managers go from being flavour of the month to being under immense pressure. 

Its crazy how football never learns.

As a player or a manager you're really only 6 or so games from a new bumper pay day or the sack depending on which extreme you find yourself in for such a short period of time.

Remember when we gave Lambert a new deal when he managed to avoid getting thrashed for about 3 games in a row, he then reverted back to being useless once the ink was dry.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

said it before Bilic was always going to get found out. Payet contract looking awful as his reputation from France seems to have continued that he brilliant when he is lookign for somethign

• Like 1

Not so sure it's the Bilic has been found out I think it's a combination of lots of different things.

They massively over performed last season in a very unpredictable PL and much like Leicester can't replicate that form. That in both instances is in no small part down to the decline in form of their best players Vardy and Payet who elevated the two clubs positions almost single handed.

Then there is the summer window, they spent most of it chasing ambitious but unachievable targets due to a combination of the stadium and owners then when it failed went on a trolley dash.

There are lots of reasons why this season is going the way it is for them especially now confidence is through the floor and rot has set in, Bilic rightly shoulders some of the blame but not all of it.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

What a season it has been for them so far..

Really poor in the league and cups.

The stadium just isn't working out for whatever reason.

Payet has stated he wants out now and refuses to play for West Ham.

Does anyone actually know what the transfer strategy is at West Ham? Bid for anyone and everyone?

29 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Feel sorry for Bilic (not so much West Ham) - **** players like Payet, seriously.

I no longer feel sorry for Bilic, as I believe he's far from innocent in how the mood around the dressing room has changed.

Basically at the moment there are no redeeming features to that club from the top to the bottom.  Maybe Doris the tea lady gets a free pass (but that's cuz her commute is longer now).

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Daft word removed shouldn't have signed a new deal then. Good luck to West Ham I say.

Takes the £125k a week, less than a year later refuses to play. His one season of wonder is over anyway, wrong side of 30, it's over pal.

He is 29...

He also signed a new deal because he likely thought this season they'd be pushing for champs league. He likely was promised they'd strengthen the squad. Doubt anyone could had envisioned how hard West Ham would fall this season. It's like Mahrez and Vardy at Leicester. Both had the opportunity to move elsewhere, but decided to see it out with their club. But now supposedly refusing to train/play unless he is sold is pretty daft and scummy. 

15 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

He is 29...

He also signed a new deal because he likely thought this season they'd be pushing for champs league. He likely was promised they'd strengthen the squad. Doubt anyone could had envisioned how hard West Ham would fall this season. It's like Mahrez and Vardy at Leicester. Both had the opportunity to move elsewhere, but decided to see it out with their club. But now supposedly refusing to train/play unless he is sold is pretty daft and scummy. 

Well he turns 30 in two months time...okay, fair enough.

He should have done some research, West Ham will always play the West Ham way. Have one moderate season every 20 years sprinkled with a few really shit ones and the majority sub par.

Is he really that good?

I know he was quality last season but even then I felt he had the look of a highlights player e.g. would be on the periphery of the game for 70 minutes and then hits a 30 yard free kick into the top corner and it's all forgotten.

For France in the euros he had a good group stages but as the tournament went on and the teams France played got harder his influenced lessened.

I really can't see any of the top clubs linked to him signing him like Man. United and Arsenal. Where would he fit in?

He's more likely to go to PSG or return to Marseille as that will be an easier route to CL football.

• Like 1

Yeah PSG is a bit stocked but they could maybe play him a bit more centrally.

When I think of the great playmakers in this league though I think of Coutinho, Hazard, Ozil, Alexis, KDB etc. Payet is more your luxury player who can get you a goal out of nothing but won't dominate games like the others can.

Â