PauloBarnesi

I feel incredibly uneasy about the WHU situation, everybody is unanimous in that the situation is unsafe, no radio comes, no police inside, no proper segregation, no security outside the ground... but nobody stepping up to sort it out. Are they waiting for someone to be killed? With the ink on the Hillsborough enquiry still damp why arent those in power (politicians, police) not demanding changes?

It's very odd. 

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Or fans can just not be dickheads and not attack each other over a football match. Yea your team won or lost? Don't take your frustration or joy out on other people. That isn't the match making you do it. You're just a terrible human being who is looking for trouble. 

Of course but the world isn't a perfect world sadly.

This was happening 30 years ago, it is happening now (although on a much more reduced scale) and it will happen in 30 years time.

How's east Europe nowadays on the hoolie front....

It's also happening down pretty much every high street in the country on a Saturday night...footballs a catalyst, it's not the reason or cause 

the people that are **** morons inside a football stadium will be **** morons outside of it too they'll just hide it better

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I feel incredibly uneasy about the WHU situation, everybody is unanimous in that the situation is unsafe, no radio comes, no police inside, no proper segregation, no security outside the ground... but nobody stepping up to sort it out. Are they waiting for someone to be killed? With the ink on the Hillsborough enquiry still damp why arent those in power (politicians, police) not demanding changes?

It's very odd. 

Putting my tin foil hat on for a second....

Recent events have shown that the Police rather than drunk football fans were responsible for the death of 96 football fans. A truth subsequently hidden from view by the same institution, a only too willing media (who knows what favours were done in return) and a Government that used the disaster to further their own class war.

The subsequent Taylor report changed the face of football for generations to come, now people think a little differently. There have been concerted efforts to re-introduce safe standing not to mention the Police and then Government have been shown to be the evil lying shits that they were.

Then comes along the West Ham situation, suddenly football fans look like the bad guys again, handy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Of course but the world isn't a perfect world sadly.

This was happening 30 years ago, it is happening now (although on a much more reduced scale) and it will happen in 30 years time.

How's east Europe nowadays on the hoolie front....

Pretty tame to be honest at least in Czech. I think it's because we don't care enough. I was at a Brno match a couple weeks ago and there were 4 away supporters. 

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Pretty tame to be honest at least in Czech. I think it's because we don't care enough. I was at a Brno match a couple weeks ago and there were 4 away supporters. 

I think on the whole generally east European has much bigger hooligan problems than in Britain although of course you can never get complacent as we seen when these incidents crop up from time to time.

You only have to look at how Croatia and Serbian fans behave during internationals.

8 hours ago, BOF said:

As is blaming the clubs if neither are responsible for stadium security.

These " fans"  are breaking the law, the stadium would have CCTV all over it , they should ID the fans and arrest them. Certain clubs have problem fans and always have and West Ham are one of them, they disgrace their club and hurt it. 

We hurt ours by celebrating on the pitch against West Brom, what was the fine £200,000, and the threat to play behind closed doors if it happened again. In fact I'm pretty sure our security is outsourced, couldn't we have just blamed them for that fiasco.

I wouldn't mind but 99% of em just want to run up and down and throw bottles at anyone and anything. Ask them to get in a ring or a cage and "sort it out" and half of em would go home to bed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tinker said:

couldn't we have just blamed them for that fiasco.

No, because out-sourcing doesn't shift the responsibility.  It just shifts the workload.  The buck would still stop with us because we're responsible for our stadium.  Whereas with the Olympic Stadium, the buck stops with whoever is responsible for it, and that's what we're discussing here.

A West Ham called into Talk Sport last night*. He said he was at the game. He said he was trying to get in via a certain gate where the was no security and there was a huge crush, people screaming and kids crying. He said he got out of it and walked to another gate. He saw some police at the next gate and told them that they needed to get round to the other gate urgently as it was very dangerous and it might all boil over. He said the police officer wasn't interested and said he wasn't allowed to move from the spot he was in.

The caller was making the point he felt like for whatever reason the police wanted the problems and were trying to make some kind of point.

*you obviously have to consider this in the context of the rest of my post.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

A West Ham called into Talk Sport last night*. He said he was at the game. He said he was trying to get in via a certain gate where the was no security and there was a huge crush, people screaming and kids crying. He said he got out of it and walked to another gate. He saw some police at the next gate and told them that they needed to get round to the other gate urgently as it was very dangerous and it might all boil over. He said the police officer wasn't interested and said he wasn't allowed to move from the spot he was in.

The caller was making the point he felt like for whatever reason the police wanted the problems and were trying to make some kind of point.

*you obviously have to consider this in the context of the rest of my post.

I think he may well be right.  There is a stand-off between the police and the combination of West Ham and the owners at the moment.  The police refuse to properly ehh ... police ... the ground because the comms haven't been installed.  I'd say they're making the point that this needs to happen.  Anything that expedites that is in their favour.  Having said that.  The thoughts that police would knowingly allow children to potentially get crushed in order to make their point is disgusting, but not beyond what I'd expect from some of the ones I've encountered in the past.

• Like 1

Would be pretty iron-ic if in an attempt to take a step up (getting a free stadium) they create an uncomfortable atmo at the stadium that effects their results and gets them relegated.

• Like 1

Seems like there is going to be an Investigation  into the Olympic stadium costs. 

Campaigners have welcomed the start of an investigation by London Mayor Sadiq Khan into a £50m rise in the cost of converting West Ham's London Stadium.

The outlay to modify the Olympic venue has risen from £272m to £323m.

The investigation will look into inherited issues, including the cost of moving retractable seating.

"This is a breakthrough in our long campaign to highlight the intolerable burden on taxpayers," read a statement from the Olympic Stadium Coalition.

"We have never objected to the idea of West Ham playing at the stadium; the question is simply one of how much the club should pay, and how much the taxpayer should be expected to fund."

West Ham, having won the right to be anchor tenants for the Olympic Stadium in 2013, played their first game there in August, after 112 years at Upton Park.

The Premier League club contributes £2.5m a year in rent, after paying a one-off £15m towards the conversion cost.

The Olympic Stadium Coalition, which is comprised of 14 supporters' trusts and groups, said taxpayers deserved to be made "fully aware" of how much they are paying.

It added: "We hope to be able to meet the mayor to present him with the significant information that we have gathered about the operational costs of the stadium.

"The mayor's investigation is good new starting point, but it is only a start."

The investigation is "fully supported" by Mayor of Newham Sir Robin Wales, whose borough co-owns the stadium after investing £40m.

And John O'Connell, chief executive of the Taxpayers' Alliance, said: "For too long the details of this shabby deal were kept in secret and lacked proper scrutiny, so Sadiq Khan is absolutely right to look again at the case.

"It's now down to those in charge of the inquiry to get to the bottom of how West Ham were gifted the deal of the century while ensuring their investigation doesn't end up costing the taxpayer as much as the stadium."

West Ham's move to the London Stadium has been marred by fan violence, leading the club to issue a five-point security plan to prevent further disorder.

On 31/10/2016 at 09:58, Grasshopper said:

Would be pretty iron-ic if in an attempt to take a step up (getting a free stadium) they create an uncomfortable atmo at the stadium that effects their results and gets them relegated.

That's basically exactly what I'm basing all of my hope on this season.  That in effect they have no 'home' games this season and the anony-bowl becomes a noose around their neck.  That'd truly be a damn same :trollface:

• Like 2

investigating the increase in construction costs is a non starter

investigating the councils decision to sign it off may be interesting, khan might be digging for an opportunity to shit all over boris and id expect he dipped his toe in to the decision making process at some point, the problem being that if they dig deep enough they could start to come up with the suggestion that the olympic stadium was a gigantic waste of money with no contingency plans built in and we know that wont be allowed to happen

UEFA will only investigate if they think the government has given them an unfair advantage, even if that was the case i think the only thing they could do is punish west ham to an extent where the deal was no longer viable, they cant tear up the contract

then next season hosting teams like Barnsley and Burton with attendances of about 15,000 as their core "fans" will prob have **** off by then as well

• Like 1

What would be ironic if they went down, a inquiry forced them to leave the Olympic Stadium,and they would be forced to ground share with Orient. With hilarious consequences.

The ultimate odd couple! A wacky sitcom surely in the works. 

• Like 2

Â