PauloBarnesi

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

have to be kicked out of cup and a points deduction. Amazingly I havent heard the dark days mentioned once yet and this is a hell of a lot worse

BBC are claiming it's like returning to "1970s". The worse they think it is the further back they claim. 

• Like 1

I'm still amazed the police allowed any games to take place without the comms system in place. Genuinely believe if it was any other club in any other stadium the police and fa would've stepped in with fines and threats of playing behind closed doors ages ago. 

Part of me really. Hope it gets worse purely because of West hams arrogance around this whole issue. 

Edited by This Could Be Rotterdam

Listening to TS on the way to work this morning and although fans are being condemned a lot of the blame seems to be put on the stadium :huh:. Its the stadiums fault that fans can't properly be segregated, because its not a football stadium its harder for this, that and the other.

They will get the usual rap on the knuckles for failure to control their fans. WHU probably have it in the contract with the UK government that fines relating to fan behaviour come out of the rent they pay.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Thats bullshit. How hard is it to segregate fans? Especially for a heated game like West Ham Chelsea. You take what measures you need to and if that means having OTT segregation that's what you do. They were struggling to get anywhere near a sell out last night by all accounts and that was with cheap tickets. I can honestly see their crowds coming down drastically in the next couple of seasons. Horrible little club.

• Like 1

on segregation, we're about to see at the weekend how its done properly, the full details of which will probably be in the pre match thread somewhere but i'll be at st andrews probably 45 minutes before the game, half an hour after, wont step a foot in brum apart from the coach park, there are 2k of us in the middle of the stand, no one above us, empty seats probably with netting over them to the side of us, surrounded by 40 villa park stewards

blues apparently took the decision on the allocation and reduced capacity, the police have advised on the rest and the 2 clubs have agreed on it

yes there are fans (of every club) who are **** idiots, but to claim that its unexpected or to then solely blame them when what was inevitable happened is wrong, this again is west ham's owners choosing money and pointing their finger at the stadium afterwards, despite the fact that their stadium deal is near criminal

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

on segregation, we're about to see at the weekend how its done properly, the full details of which will probably be in the pre match thread somewhere but i'll be at st andrews probably 45 minutes before the game, half an hour after, wont step a foot in brum apart from the coach park, there are 2k of us in the middle of the stand, no one above us, empty seats probably with netting over them to the side of us, surrounded by 40 villa park stewards

blues apparently took the decision on the allocation and reduced capacity, the police have advised on the rest and the 2 clubs have agreed on it

yes there are fans (of every club) who are **** idiots, but to claim that its unexpected or to then solely blame them when what was inevitable happened is wrong, this again is west ham's owners choosing money and pointing their finger at the stadium afterwards, despite the fact that their stadium deal is near criminal

They knew there would be trouble last night, especially as it's even kicked off against the likes of Bournemouth. You had over 5k Chelsea there last night too. 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Funny how West Ham fans haven't been condemned in the same way we were after the West Brom pitch invasion by the guardians of morals at the BBC.

BBC don't cover the Carling cup so it gets scant coverage compared to when they showed our game live.

I do agree with your point though this was a lot worse.

Apparently listening to TS there's only one real route back to the tubes and trains at Stratford station so pretty much all the fans have to shuffle back on way whereas In pretty much every other ground there are numerous routes for fans to disperse e.g. back to Aston....through Aston Park or up towards Witton and Perry Barr.

Olympic stadium stands alone and don't think there's anything to its left.

Regarding security.  Are we blaming West Ham because we hate West Ham?  Do we know the terms of their deal?  They don't own the stadium, so it's entirely possible that this despicable club are NOT in charge of security for the OS or for modernising its infrastructure regarding things like telecommunications - the thing currently keeping plod from agreeing to police it.  It's possible that the owner/management company are also refusing to spend money, but the difference being that they are obliged to spend it.

As much as I hate West Ham, and in a footballing sense I hate West Ham, that doesn't mean they're automatically* to blame for the current security malaise.  Regardless of what we think they should or should not be doing.  It'll be in a contract somewhere.

* Although they may be.

definitely, id guess there'd be an element of both sets of fans going last night because they knew there'd be trouble

the stadium % thing i think is a misconception, its only the FA cup, so west ham last night could have reduced the capacity to 4k away fans and say 50k home fans and have empty seats around the away fans but that would hit west ham in the pocket so why would they use that solution? instead they happily risk the safety of fans and fall back on the excuse that they are only a tenant, they know how laughably good that deal is for them, they know that realistically the government wont let that stadium be a failure and the FA wont have the hassle of kicking them out until its suitable because theres nowhere else for them to go and the PL wont insist on them playing in an empty stadium because it'll look bad for their multi billion £ tv deal

the owners hold all the cards and dont give a shit whats happening, they're scumbags

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Apparently listening to TS there's only one real route back to the tubes and trains at Stratford station so pretty much all the fans have to shuffle back on way whereas In pretty much every other ground there are numerous routes for fans to disperse e.g. back to Aston....through Aston Park or up towards Witton and Perry Barr.

Olympic stadium stands alone and don't think there's anything to its left.

sounds like it, someone said try keeping the away fans in to avoid trouble but plenty of fans have said its pointless because it takes the home fans so long to get away from the ground anyway

Worth remembering aswell cup midweek games are always the worst to control....we saw that in 2010. Bigger allocation of away fans then the 3k max you get in the premier league and many of them I reckon would've taken the afternoon off work and been drinking in central London for a few hours.

Would imagine the police will insist any future home game v Chelsea or Spurs will kick off at 12pm on a Sunday...similar to when West Ham play Millwall.

Â