PauloBarnesi

You couldn’t make this shit up, the suspicious bets came from the island of Paqueta off the coast of Brazil apparently ffs 😂 that’s how they were reported to the betting integrity authorities for looking suspicious

2 hours ago, switters said:

Weird it took so long but the fact they are charging after this long investigating suggests they must be pretty certain.

I'd say they are certain but the problem is how do you prove it if he just keeps saying he's not guilty? You can't ever say for certain he did it deliberately. All the evidence is circumstantial as he didn't directly place any bets himself. 

8 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I'd say they are certain but the problem is how do you prove it if he just keeps saying he's not guilty? You can't ever say for certain he did it deliberately. All the evidence is circumstantial as he didn't directly place any bets himself. 

If the betting patterns are massively irregular, then there will be evidence of the coordination somewhere. They don't announce it until they get that evidence or it might magically disappear in the interim.

So the fact they're now announcing it means they have the evidence and it should be a slam dunk.

Posted (edited)

I can't remember the 2023 game much so will have to look on Twitter as no doubt someone has put up a compilation of all the fouls before he was booked.

Edit: I mean the one above is pretty much identical to what McGinn did on Udogie so I'm not sure that alone you could do him for that.

I do remember Xhaka being similar accused and there was a very dodgy booking he got at the end of a game when Arsenal were 4-0 up and he was pretty much timewasting.

Think that got dropped when he moved abroad. 

Edited by VillaChris

28 minutes ago, villa89 said:

yep sure it's just pure coincidence that the 4 times he was booked there were loads of bets equivalent to around a years salary for most people who live there placed on the tiny island he is from & named after

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He's in huge trouble.

Will be at least a year ban. Could be five or so.

It’ll be bye bye career if he’s found guilty. 

We also know it'll take them forever to reach a decision (seem to remember it took many months to come to a conclusion re Toney) so this should nicely ruin West Ham's transfer planning for the summer. 

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He's in huge trouble.

Will be at least a year ban. Could be five or so.

Absolutely no chance of this IMO, Football doesn't give out those type of big punishments. My guess is 1 year plus big fine.

How much money do people need?  They earn more money in a year than most people can dream of in a lifetime yet still get tempted by this.  Madness.

Are they maybe forced by organised crime gangs?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Absolutely no chance of this IMO, Football doesn't give out those type of big punishments. My guess is 1 year plus big fine.

The FA handed former Lincoln right-back Bradley Wood a six-year ban in April 2018, after a tribunal found he had deliberately been booked during the Imps' FA Cup victories over Ipswich Town and Burnley during the 2016/17 season.

Suspicions were raised when potential winnings totalled around £10,000. Seven people bet on him to be booked, two of whom were close friends and the others friends of those. Wood denied the charges but admitted to 23 other betting offences. 

The FA banned him for five years for the deliberate bookings, and a further year for the offences he admitted. The 31-year-old will be able to return to football in March 2024. 

Edited by duke313
  • Shocked 1

So West Ham say they are standing by, and supporting Paqueta?

Didnt West Ham also stand by the true gentleman Zouma?

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I mean the one above is pretty much identical to what McGinn did on Udogie so I'm not sure that alone you could do him for that.

The Paqueta lunge on McGinn was literally a few minutes after he did the same on Dougie.

A tweet from a random arsenal fan on twitter before the game with us was able to spot something dodgy was going on 😂

You can be sure the FA have something, he’s ****.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

A tweet from a random arsenal fan on twitter before the game with us was able to spot something dodgy was going on 😂

What a find. Also, before they played us.

This bloke has all the clips

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

What a find. Also, before they played us.

This bloke has all the clips

They'll throw the book at him.  West Ham losing out on about £80m 🤣

Another player involved in this yellow card betting is Luiz Henrique (weren't we linked with him?), Betis shipped him out as soon as this came to light last year 🤣

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I'm sorry I can't post the link for this, I've been On a fair few sites reading up on this and can't remember which one. 

But he was at 5/1 at the start of the week and so many bets put on brought the price down. 5/1 is a pretty standard price I'm told for a player to be booked.

Edited by colhint

Â