PauloBarnesi

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Kudus at AFCON aswell, Ings shockingly bad, Mubama seemingly not up to it and JWP being played in a deeper position so less influential. Can see them sliding down to 10th or below for a while at least 

Oh yeah they're missing Kudus as well. Yeah that is another huge blow to them.

• Like 1

Paqueta injury actually worse than thought and going to be missing for 6-8 weeks. However talk the Bowen injury isn’t as severe so he might only miss the one premier league game. He is their Saka, they will throw him onto the pitch if he can be patched up enough 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Zatman said:

The Kalvin Phillips experiment is working a charm. Moyes will lose his job on signing that clown

Kind of remarkable really. Most people (certainly including me) thought he needed to get out of Man City and get minutes to be match ready for the Euros. In reality, getting first team football seems if anything more likely to get him ejected from the squad. 

No denying, it's not been an auspicious start. 

21 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Kind of remarkable really. Most people (certainly including me) thought he needed to get out of Man City and get minutes to be match ready for the Euros. In reality, getting first team football seems if anything more likely to get him ejected from the squad. 

No denying, it's not been an auspicious start. 

Agreed - although I think the second yellow yesterday is harsh. 

• Like 1

Kalvin doing a Drinkwater.

A billion miles off the pace, horrific loan signing. You bring someone in January to make an immediate impact. The geezer has barely kicked a ball in 2 and a half years.

Dread to think how much they've paid for 6 months of this.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Hard to disagree really. He isn't the most exciting manager, but they're currently 8th having been in Europe for the last 3 seasons including winning a trophy last season. I appreciate they don't play very exciting football, but what are they expecting as a fanbase? If they care for results/league place then presumably the style of football won't matter too much as it's a results-driven thing, which they seem to be getting on the whole. If they want to play Duh West Aaaam Way then they'll be less concerned with results, because the style supercedes them.

If they want to play super sexy swashbuckling football and be top 4/6 then they are supporting the wrong London team.

Moyes saved them from relegation, left, then came back and did it again and then took them into Europe, midtable, won a trophy and now has them in 8th. Those inbreds should be worrying he hasnt signed a new contract, not that he's still their manager.

Hopefully he leaves and they appoint some self-styled student of the game and it's an absolute **** disaster and they end up struggling and have to sell Kudus, Bowen and anyone else who is decent. That'll teach them.

Edited by StewieGriffin

5 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

And will 100% go to the Euros and play more minutes than Konsa and Watkins put together.

I don’t doubt it for a second.  We can add Henderson and Maguire to that as well.

I don’t think Konsa will even make the squad. Watkins will play second fiddle to Kane but barely come off the bench.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I don’t doubt it for a second.  We can add Henderson and Maguire to that as well.

I don’t think Konsa will even make the squad. Watkins will play second fiddle to Kane but barely come off the bench.  

To be honest, I don't think Watkins will make the squad either. 

Phillips will make it, in the end, I expect. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Hard to disagree really. He isn't the most exciting manager, but they're currently 8th having been in Europe for the last 3 seasons including winning a trophy last season. I appreciate they don't play very exciting football, but what are they expecting as a fanbase? If they care for results/league place then presumably the style of football won't matter too much as it's a results-driven thing, which they seem to be getting on the whole. If they want to play Duh West Aaaam Way then they'll be less concerned with results, because the style supercedes them.

If they want to play super sexy swashbuckling football and be top 4/6 then they are supporting the wrong London team.

Moyes saved them from relegation, left, then came back and did it again and then took them into Europe, midtable, won a trophy and now has them in 8th. Those inbreds should be worrying he hasnt signed a new contract, not that he's still their manager.

Hopefully he leaves and they appoint some self-styled student of the game and it's an absolute **** disaster and they end up struggling and have to sell Kudus, Bowen and anyone else who is decent. That'll teach them.

But it’s not the West Ham way 😜

I do think their fans will be looking at how Spurs are playing and wishing they'd made a move for Postacoglu. 

Brady was randomly talking about him in her paper column the back end of last season so I get the feeling he was featuring high on their replacement list but Moyes winning them their first trophy in 40 years meant they felt they couldn't just sack him and so Spurs snapped him up.

They'll end up with Graham Potter I think. He's been out of the game for a year now and West Ham feels a pretty logical move for both parties. Interested what he can do with Bowen and Kudus in final third.

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I do think their fans will be looking at how Spurs are playing and wishing they'd made a move for Postacoglu. 

Brady was randomly talking about him in her paper column the back end of last season so I get the feeling he was featuring high on their replacement list but Moyes winning them their first trophy in 40 years meant they felt they couldn't just sack him and so Spurs snapped him up.

They'll end up with Graham Potter I think. He's been out of the game for a year now and West Ham feels a pretty logical move for both parties. Interested what he can do with Bowen and Kudus in final third.

He would have them passing the ball to each other in dangerous areas without taking a shot 

On 18/02/2024 at 00:48, Zatman said:

The Kalvin Phillips experiment is working a charm. Moyes will lose his job on signing that clown

The typical Moyes signing. Just like when he wanted to sign Lingaard permanently. Rubbish over rated English international? Give Moyes a call. 

Â