PauloBarnesi

Looks like they are set to announce Lopetegui as their new manager.  Seems to have had the better against Unai, so will be a tough place to go next season.

19 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Paqueta set to be charged for breaching betting rules….another summer move to city scuppered for him and less rebuilding funds for lopetegui

8 weeks suspension, £35m move to city done. 

• Haha 1

Alleged that he tried to intentionally get booked in our game with them on 12th March 2023.   Anyone remember if he did and whether it looked like a stupid booking?

46 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Paqueta set to be charged for breaching betting rules….another summer move to city scuppered for him and less rebuilding funds for lopetegui

I'm sure City could find their way round something as trivial as betting rules. if not then he's been a very naughty boy.

• Haha 1

Mental health ennit!  🤦‍♂️

£120k a week and wants to make his mates a couple of quid betting. What goes through these footballers heads, really live in that bubble don't they.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Alleged that he tried to intentionally get booked in our game with them on 12th March 2023.   Anyone remember if he did and whether it looked like a stupid booking?

I think in the past people on here mentioned it was very obvious he was trying to get booked. I don't remember it to be honest. 

• Thanks 1

To be honest that game against us his performance was so dodgy. I remember at the time the match thread was full of people questioning why he wasn't booked then he finally got one for the most blatant foul. 

He might be innocent but I can see why maybe on evidence he's been charged.

Issue here is why did it take so long. 

7 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

To be honest that game against us his performance was so dodgy. I remember at the time the match thread was full of people questioning why he wasn't booked then he finally got one for the most blatant foul. 

He might be innocent but I can see why maybe on evidence he's been charged.

Linked with Man City so they wanted to hold off on charges (sort of a joke)

47 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Was a ridiculous challenge on McGinn. Not sure if got booked but was suspicious

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I think it's better for everyone if these type of suspensions and club points deductions are done at the end of the season if possible, or at least not during the run in. 

Edited by villa89

Posted (edited)

tbh, its not about the bookings looking strange, you can pick up a genuine looking yellow easy.

The issue will be if there are strange and/or provable betting patterns when the yellows occur.

its way worse than the Toney type thing also, Toney was stupidly betting for personal benefit, Paqueta is accused of manipulating bets for the benefit of one or more people, or groups.

as far as i can see, its kind of less worse than match fixing, but worse than what Toney/Barton etc were doing.

I wonder if they will throw the book at him.

Edited by MaVilla

Weird it took so long but the fact they are charging after this long investigating suggests they must be pretty certain.

It'll definitely be viewed worse than ones like Toney because it's down to his actions on the pitch. Not match fixing as such but it's in the same ballpark

Â