PauloBarnesi

49 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Looks too bulked up. Bet west ham wished they had never signed him . Did well to get rid of. 

I said it at the time and stand by it. West Ham coming in for him was an absolute gift for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Persisting with sitting back in the big games is baffling to me.

They have a strong enough team to go toe to toe with anyone in this league but Moyes keep lining up his team like a small club 

Their fans must be fuming with that

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

They have a strong enough team to go toe to toe with anyone in this league but Moyes keep lining up his team like a small club 

Agree, they could have tried to be a bit more attacking; ironically they play a lot of attacking players and then sit deep, and I think they'd have been better balanced with one less attacker and another body in midfield. 

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

This has been Moyes' preferred tactic for his entire career. He could be the PSG or Real Madrid manager and he'd still be sticking everyone behind the ball and waiting for a chance to counter. Paqueta's a lovely footballer but he should be playing about 30 yards further up the pitch. Quite happy to watch him doing his thing in a defensive position on the byline when he's playing against us, mind you!

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

They need to be starting Kudus. And Benrahma as unused sub was very odd.

West Ham will be useful though as the season goes on. Already beaten Chelsea and Brighton which is good for us and I was thinking today when they had that purple patch at 2-1 that they'd beat Man. United aswell.

Given they're a local rival it would be beneficial if they could stop Spurs in their tracks, I assume they're playing them in the next month.

19 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Our 4th goal was staggering. They were just standing around letting us knock it about. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/10/2023 at 14:11, HanoiVillan said:

The video of Paqueta just losing Luiz and then literally strolling around for the first goal yesterday would be boiling my blood if I supported them. 

He did the same against Everton. Lost the ball in his own half , had plenty of time to run back and just stood there as Everton ballsed up a 3 on 2.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He did the same against Everton. Lost the ball in his own half , had plenty of time to run back and just stood there as Everton ballsed up a 3 on 2.

Frustrating player. Maybe he's acting out a bit for not getting his move? 

Â