Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

That didn't take you long. Getting quicker. What we moaning about then? Because it seems he doesn't want losers at the club, so what's wrong with that?

Nobody is moaning that Sherwood wants people with the right attitude at the club. That's what you just said.

People are surprised more than anything that he called players who are currently playing for him "losers".

That's astonishing to me.

I haven't moaned about it. It might be a catalyst that causes us to kick on and win the FA cup.

But I still think its an astonishing thing to say.

Better than telling them they're great players and keep doing what they're doing

Is it?

When we've actually been playing well under Sherwood and have an FA Cup final coming up?

Like I said you might be right, it might be the catalyst that motivates us to go and win the cup. But it's a pretty startling way to do it.

Surely those he is referring to will know who they are?

So many times in the past there have been fans slashing managers for pussy-footing around the players and now someone has come in and decided to tell it how it is, he gets stick for it from parts of the fanbase.

If Sherwood sees behind the scenes that there are players not earning their corn and who he thinks have the wrong mentality for where he wants to go, fair play to him for speaking out and letting them know he won't stand for it.

I just hope he gets to buy the players he wants and doesn't have to cherry pick the lower leagues because of lack of funding.

I thought Vardy was only in his early twenties, the fact that he's in his late twenties make the link even worse.

Edited by useless

Bit like Ian Wright not in style but having come into top flight football late he probably is still learning the game and may last longer than Gabby or Rooney so I think he would be a decent signing but 15 mil seems rather a lot

It's comments I'd expect from someone like Roy Keane or Joey Barton, don't think the "tough love" is the right way to go.

Time will tell what kind of manager Tim will turn out to be, I remain hesitant

Vardy is the very definition of a one season wonder and it's not like his season has even been that incredible, he did go 5 months without scoring a league goal didn't he.

As much as I don't rate him these days, selling Weimann for say 3m and then signing Vardy for more than double that would be completely bonkers.

• Like 1

Local press are suggesting that Luongo and Gladwin is a done deal. They are usually right.

There's bound to be some of your youngsters coming our way in exchange. I'd love to hear about who they may be and what they can do....

There's andre green a 16 year old winger, he's quick and direct and was on the bench for the first team yesterday, he might be a bit young to be loaned out though

There's easah suliman, a 17 year old centre back or left back, but again he's probably a bit young to be loaned out

Also, lewis kinsella, a 20 year old left back, he started off at arsenal but got released and ended up here, he'd do a good job for swindon

Cheers.

Bear in mind though that when I talk about 'youngsters', I don't just mean youths. I mean more along the lines of young fringe players that are not quite breaking through to the 1st team just yet. Our recent successes in that category have been Luongo, Byrne (a star a L1), Grant hall (playing in the Championship), Alex Pritchard and Ryan Mason (We had him on loan last season.

Mr Sherwood will be more than happy to send your best. 

Can see Donancien turning up there, he didn't do great at Tranmere but Mark Cooper was on about getting more commanding CBs for next season so he might fit the bill.

There's always Chris Herd aswell....:)

Vardy is the very definition of a one season wonder and it's not like his season has even been that incredible, he did go 5 months without scoring a league goal didn't he.

As much as I don't rate him these days, selling Weimann for say 3m and then signing Vardy for more than double that would be completely bonkers.

Vardy got a grand total of 5 league goals last season according to wikipedia, it's a no from me

Know next to nothing about Ligue 1 but on paper Jordan Amavi (although young) would be a fantastic signing at left back. Rated as one of the best players in the league this season, behind only Ibrahimovic on WhoScored in terms of average rating, has more interceptions than any other player in Europe and a total of 8 MOTM awards. Plays for Nice so we would be a step up although I imagine big clubs will also be interested after the season he's had.

That didn't take you long. Getting quicker. What we moaning about then? Because it seems he doesn't want losers at the club, so what's wrong with that?

Nobody is moaning that Sherwood wants people with the right attitude at the club. That's what you just said.

People are surprised more than anything that he called players who are currently playing for him "losers".

That's astonishing to me.

I haven't moaned about it. It might be a catalyst that causes us to kick on and win the FA cup.

But I still think its an astonishing thing to say.

Better than telling them they're great players and keep doing what they're doing
Is it?

When we've actually been playing well under Sherwood and have an FA Cup final coming up?

Like I said you might be right, it might be the catalyst that motivates us to go and win the cup. But it's a pretty startling way to do it.

Surely those he is referring to will know who they are?

So many times in the past there have been fans slashing managers for pussy-footing around the players and now someone has come in and decided to tell it how it is, he gets stick for it from parts of the fanbase.

If Sherwood sees behind the scenes that there are players not earning their corn and who he thinks have the wrong mentality for where he wants to go, fair play to him for speaking out and letting them know he won't stand for it.

I just hope he gets to buy the players he wants and doesn't have to cherry pick the lower leagues because of lack of funding.

I hope they know who they are.

That's the only way that, to me, it's a reasonable comment.

If he hasn't spoken to them specifically then to me it's a crazy thing to say. He's basically implying that he has a squad of losers. Of course there will be a few who know he doesn't mean them (Benteke and Delph the obvious candidates)

But what about somebody like Guzan. He's just been dropped and appears to be out of favour. He's probably going to have to play in the final because Given is injured, and he has his manager saying he wants to get rid of the losers in his squad.

I'd say it wouldn't be unreasonable for Guzan to think he might be referring to him. Is that the right mindset to be heading into an FA Cup final with? Your manager calling you a loser?

Or half the squad being potentially labelled losers?

Listen, I'm all for telling it how it is. But there's being honest, and there's throwing players under a bus, and to me this is the latter.

I trust Sherwood, he's done extremely well here and his short tenure has been overwhelmingly positive. But this is a really strange comment. For someone who appears to be so good at man management this is a really weird thing for him to say.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2