Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Oh something new to moan about Sherwood. How dare he want players with the right attitude and desire at the club. Tictac Tim is a clown.

Very definition of a strawman argument.

Seriously. People are allowed to criticise Sherwood without being policed.

. How dare he want players with the right attitude and desire at the club. 

He could say this without making a silly comment about foreigners and calling his players losers.

Of course they are. And I'm sure you will find many, many things to moan about the guy you moaned about before he even became the manager. Please continue.

Nice to see you haven't given up your habit of using things said 3 months ago to further your argument  :thumb:

I think his comments were brutally honest, and right.Hopefully we no longer sign the Dunnes, Givens, Beyes of this world, and more of the Ashley Youngs and Delphs.

I think useless has a point though, if we sign these 2 from Swindon, then you can't see us signing another midfielder in the summer, not sure thats the kind of level we should be looking.

Brutally honest? why mention foreign players at all. At the end of the day, he's made 2 points in the same sentence.

1) There are more foreign players in the game

2) There are more losers

Even if he didn't imply that there are more losers because of the foreign players, you can see why people would think he did. 

As prevously stated, I like the honesty, but he really needs to learn when to shut up.

no he didnt

I wonder how many people actually read the whole article and not just the quote. Would people be moaning that instead of saying losers he wanted more winners in the team? Or wanted more bad losers? Technically it's all the same just a different way of phrasing it. He wants players who train the way they play that want to win at everything. I've no idea how you pick players to sign like that but we'll see over the summer. Does any Villa fan want to settle for mediocrity? Or do we all want a villa team that wants to win all the time? I'll take the winners all day.

• Like 1

He could say this without making a silly comment about foreigners and calling his players losers.

True, if he wasn't our manager and his thread was in other football he'd be ridiculed for this, and rightly so. 

• Like 2

No problem with it. As zatman said he wasn't speaking about foreign players being losers and after a points run of 38, 41, 38, 38 I've got absolutely no problem with him calling some of the squad he wants to get rid of losers. Its been an abysmal run and everything he talks about it towards this club not being in this position again. I'm glad our manager is talking like this. I want to hear that he knows some of this squad aren't good enough.

Edited by DCJonah

True, if he wasn't our manager and his thread was in other football he'd be ridiculed for this, and rightly so.

He was ridiculed on here before becoming our manager. Who gives a shit when he's doing his job well?

He was ridiculed on here before becoming our manager. Who gives a shit when he's doing his job well?

Yes he has done well, but he has made mistakes. It'd be wrong to tell people they are not allowed to point out said mistakes. 

But that is for the already diluted Sherwood thread.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-transfer-gossip-tim-9330671

Aston Villa are reportedly monitoring Reading rookie Tariqe Fosu.

According to www.getreading.co.uk Villa are among the clubs to be linked with the 19-year-old winger.

Fosu would fall very much into the 'one for the future' category having made just one senior appearance for the Royals.

The teenager was handed his debut as a substitute in Reading's final day Championship win at Derby earlier this month, impressing during an our-long run out.

Villa's Premier League rivals Newcastle are also said to be keeping tabs on Fosu.

Speaking after his debut, Fosu said: “The first team is where I want to be. So I just have to keep my feet on the ground, keep working hard, keep pushing on and hopefully I’ll get further chances."

Yes, but he's not perfect. Pointing out where he isn't perfect, as well as pointing out where he's done well isn't a crime. 

So odd that nobody is allowed to criticise.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/579950/Leicester-Aston-Villa-Jamie-Vardy-Transfer-News-Gossip

The Foxes signed the Vardy from Fleetwood Town in 2012 for a non-league record fee of £1million.

The striker initially struggled at the King Power Stadium, but has scored 21 goals over the last two seasons to lead the club to the Championship title and maintain Premier League status.

His impressive form this term has since attracted the attention of Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood, who is understood to be considering a £15m bid.

However, Leicester are prepared to offer 28-year-old - who recently received his first England call-up - a lucrative three-year deal.

Foxes boss Nigel Pearson has made it clear that he is only interested in strengthening his squad in the summer, and that involves keeping his key players.

West Brom and Stoke City were reportedly interested in the 28-year-old last January, with the former believed to have had a £7.5m bid knocked back.

I can't believe that would be true. If it is, I will expect Sherwood to pull of his face mask - like in Mission Impossible, to reveal himself to be MON.

£15m for an average striker is a disgrace, but perhaps this is the way football is going.

Yes, but he's not perfect. Pointing out where he isn't perfect, as well as pointing out where he's done well isn't a crime.

So odd that nobody is allowed to criticise.

I find it odd that some want to criticise so much.

It's gonna be a long summer if we're really willing to believe the kind of shite in that article.

Yep. There's going to be a lot of lazy links and poor journalism this summer. We will be linked to a load of English and ex spurs players.

It's the Express so they've just taken it from that Mirror story the other day. May as well just put it out there that I'd lose all faith in the manager there and then if he made a bid in excess of £7m for Vardy, let alone £15m! He's crap. I think it is BS though...well I hope.

• Like 1