Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

No I think we were in for them, I'm usually dubious but too many were reporting it from both ends for it to not be real IMO.

Maybe we didn't make any kind of offer though. I think it's silly to assume they've both chosen QPR over us.

That didn't take you long. Getting quicker. What we moaning about then? Because it seems he doesn't want losers at the club, so what's wrong with that?

Nobody is moaning that Sherwood wants people with the right attitude at the club. That's what you just said.

People are surprised more than anything that he called players who are currently playing for him "losers".

That's astonishing to me.

I haven't moaned about it. It might be a catalyst that causes us to kick on and win the FA cup.

But I still think its an astonishing thing to say.

I think he meant losers, as in they have a losing mentality, not just 'losers' if you know what I mean lol Not that it means much to a lot of people on here. I personally think it could be a good thing, a lot of players will play their arses off in the final to prove they're not one of said losers, who I assume will be shipped out in the summer.

Read that Stoke are close to signing Yevhen Konoplyanka on a bosman free on £50k a week.

Why we are never in for these type of players on bosman's i will never know. He is quality

Was thinking the exact same thing myself when i heard this.

• Like 1

Read that Stoke are close to signing Yevhen Konoplyanka on a bosman free on £50k a week.

Why we are never in for these type of players on bosman's i will never know. He is quality

That is an amazing signing if true. Pretty funny, another Scouse failure, they tried to sign him a year or two ago. 

That is an amazing signing if true. Pretty funny, another Scouse failure, they tried to sign him a year or two ago. 

Absolutely incredible singing if they can pull that off!!!

If they get him in, with Bojan on the other side of the pitch (providing he carries on the way he was) they'll be serious top 6 contenders next year. We need investment so badly :(

Spurs and Liverpool were chasing him and maybe something wrong that both havent taken a punt when he is on a Bosman

said in Spurs thread Ukrainian/Russian players arent very good in England. Rebrov, Zhirkov, Arshavin, Shevchenko etc in recent years

That's true, but only until there's one who isn't deemed a failure. I mean, there's no natural reason why they can't achieve. Anyway, he doesn't have to be the best player in the league to be an excellent improvement on what Stoke already have. 

Spurs and Liverpool were chasing him and maybe something wrong that both havent taken a punt when he is on a Bosman

said in Spurs thread Ukrainian/Russian players arent very good in England. Rebrov, Zhirkov, Arshavin, Shevchenko etc in recent years

Liverpool had him all but signed for about £15m last year but the deal broke down becasuse dnipro chairman canceled it at the last minute. 

Dwight Gayle anyone? I think he would be the perfect replacement for Weimann, would be relatively cheap (I would think between £3-5m), is only 24 years old and he has a decent scoring record as well (I think something like 10 in 25 making mostly substitue appearances).

Dwight Gayle anyone? I think he would be the perfect replacement for Weimann, would be relatively cheap (I would think between £3-5m), is only 24 years old and he has a decent scoring record as well (I think something like 10 in 25 making mostly substitue appearances).

Why would Palace sell him, especially for so little? Better yet, why would he want to leave them for us?

He came to my mind as a better alternative to Vardy but if he's being linked to Cardiff and Wolves maybe he hasn't had the best of times of it recently. Really we need better though.