Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Looks like we're continuing with exactly the same transfer policy we've had for the last few seasons and now Percy has changed his mind from the club looks like being taken over once the FA Cup is over to it could be taken over in the summer. I don't think that big summer overhaul that people are wanting is going to happen.

That's interesting - where did you see that?

We're heavily linked with two league 1 players..................?

It's different under Sherwood though.

I think his comments were brutally honest, and right.Hopefully we no longer sign the Dunnes, Givens, Beyes of this world, and more of the Ashley Youngs and Delphs.

I think useless has a point though, if we sign these 2 from Swindon, then you can't see us signing another midfielder in the summer, not sure thats the kind of level we should be looking.

Brutally honest? why mention foreign players at all. At the end of the day, he's made 2 points in the same sentence.

1) There are more foreign players in the game

2) There are more losers

Even if he didn't imply that there are more losers because of the foreign players, you can see why people would think he did. 

As prevously stated, I like the honesty, but he really needs to learn when to shut up.

no he didnt

He implies that people like him cared a lot more and that has changed with the influx of foreign players, who presumably don't care as much.

"That doesn't mean they want to win any less.  They still care, but I want them to care more than anything in the world to win because there are far too many losers in the game."

The foreign players still want to win, but don't care if they lose.  That's pretty much what he's saying.

http://talksport.com/football/aston-villa-target-nearing-premier-league-switch-admits-swindon-chairman-150526148201

Aston Villa target Massimo Luongo could join a Premier League side before the end of the week, according to Swindon chairman Lee Power.

The Australia international is one of the stars of the Swindon side who were thrashed 4-0 in the League One play-off final against Preston at Wembley.

Having failed to win promotion to the Championship, Town fans are bracing themselves for a summer of departures and the man most likely to leave is Luongo.

Villa are big fans of the midfielder after manager Tim Sherwood worked with him during their time at Tottenham.

It has been reported that Villa have made a £3.5m joint offer for the 22-year-old and his team-mate Ben Gladwin, another of Swindon's key men this season.

And now chairman Power has been quoted by The World Game as saying they already have three offers on the table from top-flight clubs.

"Something could happen this week," Power said. "We have three substantial offers in from Premier League clubs and we need to sit down with Massimo and his advisors and decide what to do.

"The numbers being mentioned are around £3 million, which is good money for us and we'll be pleased with that.

"Mass has come from nowhere to become one of the key men in the Australian team and he will be a fantastic asset for someone.

"One day he will play in the Premier League – and it might be as early as next week. We are not going to stand in the boy's way."

Reckons we want Nathan Redmond in this link. He is meant to be a Villa fan but obviously played for Birmingham.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/444266/Alex-Neil-I-won-t-be-selling-ANY-Norwich-stars

England Under 21 star Redmond is being looked at by a host of clubs, including Liverpool, Tottenham and Aston Villa while Ruddy is a candidate to replace Petr Cech at Chelsea.

What do people here think of Albert Adomah (Middlesbrough) he is very similar in playing style to Bolasie (Palace) but would be a lot cheaper signing!!

Interestingly both have come from lower leagues (both played for Barnet) and both was team mates at Bristol City with Bolasie on one wing and Adomah on the other!!

What do people here think of Albert Adomah (Middlesbrough) he is very similar in playing style to Bolasie (Palace) but would be a lot cheaper signing!!

Interestingly both have come from lower leagues (both played for Barnet) and both was team mates at Bristol City with Bolasie on one wing and Adomah on the other!!

He's a bit of a donkey in my opinion. One of those players that doesn't really control the ball that well and gets a bit flukey sometimes. 

Not sure on him as a player nor how he'd fit into a system that seem to revolve around playing fairly centrally with at least one number 10.

My Favourite manager of all time was clough!! Now he spoke his mind!! I no times have changed but that is how I wish it was today! This world and footballers are getting soft let Tim get hold of these players and turn them into winners and NOT losers

Reckons we want Nathan Redmond in this link. He is meant to be a Villa fan but obviously played for Birmingham.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/444266/Alex-Neil-I-won-t-be-selling-ANY-Norwich-stars

England Under 21 star Redmond is being looked at by a host of clubs, including Liverpool, Tottenham and Aston Villa while Ruddy is a candidate to replace Petr Cech at Chelsea.

Was that written before they got promoted or something??

I thought Redmond was a Bluenose?

Seem to remember him being interviewed and saying that his Mum was a Villa fan but he wasn't.  Could be wrong here :D

Oh something new to moan about Sherwood. How dare he want players with the right attitude and desire at the club. Tictac Tim is a clown.

Said no-one ever.

He's one of those 'on his day' players but overall I wouldn't even describe him as a standout in the Championship. I'd like Redmond if possible.

Guys, let's call a spade a spade.  He's never going to shut up.  He will continue to be 'brutally honest' and we're going to hear plenty that makes us cringe.  As long as he can be self-deprecating about it and keep getting us results then he'll be a motor-mouth but at least he'll be our (hopefully entertaining) motor-mouth.

Very much this. So long as he keeps doing the business for us, he can say anything he wants and stand on as many toes as he likes, and I will not care one jot.

If, however, he is not doing the business for us...............................that would be different.