Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Aston Villa plan a move for £7million rated midfielder Nampalys Mendy

Aston Villa are looking to move swiftly in their search for a new midfielder by eyeing a move for Nice star Nampalys Mendy, according to reports from the Daily Mail…..Recent reports had claimed that Villa were eyeing a surprise move for Tottenham Hotspur star Tom Carroll but manager Tim Sherwood is looking at other options as well and now according to the Daily Mail, it has been claimed that the Villans are planning a swoop for Nice star Nampalys Mendy. Despite being only 23, Mendy has garnered a lot of experience in the French Ligue 1 over the last few seasons and is regarded as one of the most promising defensive midfielders in the division. As a result, Mendy has widely been mooted to make a step up to the Premier League and Leicester City have been pursuing the midfielder.  The sale of Delph means that even Villa have joined in the race for Mendy and are set to ramp up their pursuit for the £7million-rated star in the coming weeks.

http://footballrepublik.com/aston-villa-plan-a-move-for-7million-rated-midfielder/

Aston Villa plan a move for £7million rated midfielder Nampalys Mendy

Aston Villa are looking to move swiftly in their search for a new midfielder by eyeing a move for Nice star Nampalys Mendy, according to reports from the Daily Mail…..Recent reports had claimed that Villa were eyeing a surprise move for Tottenham Hotspur star Tom Carroll but manager Tim Sherwood is looking at other options as well and now according to the Daily Mail, it has been claimed that the Villans are planning a swoop for Nice star Nampalys Mendy. Despite being only 23, Mendy has garnered a lot of experience in the French Ligue 1 over the last few seasons and is regarded as one of the most promising defensive midfielders in the division. As a result, Mendy has widely been mooted to make a step up to the Premier League and Leicester City have been pursuing the midfielder.  The sale of Delph means that even Villa have joined in the race for Mendy and are set to ramp up their pursuit for the £7million-rated star in the coming weeks.

http://footballrepublik.com/aston-villa-plan-a-move-for-7million-rated-midfielder/

"Even Villa"

Edited by Gary Thomas

Haha might not be in our powers to change but I don't try going around making smart comment to look cool on the internet instead of facing up to the fact that we are fked

what you talking about chap?  i faced up to the fact we are fked about 6 years ago,  now its just about how you deal with that and even though it's hard at times the best way is humour believe me or else it will drive you mad and away from the game

Looks like we wont be spending again then. Thinking we will be spending 40 mill+ this transfer window is close to insane.

I think we will at least spend the Benteke, Delph, Weimann and Lowton money.

Haha might not be in our powers to change but I don't try going around making smart comment to look cool on the internet instead of facing up to the fact that we are fked

Smart comments like coherent sentences you mean?

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

have we got rid of paddy riley? Really?

Have we?

Mr Omariqy has the answers it seems...

Why you say that Omar. Has Riley been ousted as part of the scouting shakeup yesterday?

No reason.

Oi! That's not "news" yet you scamp!

I haven't said anything?

In reference to this

Daz's original point is valid though.  The logic that says "this one time we spent £7m on a striker and it worked out really well, therefore we can rely on it happening again to replace him" is about as sound as the other logic we use on here regarding a hesitancy to bring in Eastern European players because this one time we bought a bad one.

We got very lucky with Benteke.  Yes it might happen again but it would be incredibly lucky if it did.  It is far more likely that we buy a mere mortal at that price.  I thought the meaning behind his post was fairly obvious even though he set himself up for the 'but Benteke cost that much' retort.

• Like 2

Daz's original point is valid though. The logic that says "this one time we spent £7m on a striker and it worked out really well, therefore we can rely on it happening again to replace him" is about as sound as the other logic we use on here regarding a hesitancy to bring in Eastern European players because this one time we bought a bad one.

We got very lucky with Benteke. Yes it might happen again but it would be incredibly lucky if it did. It is far more likely that we buy a mere mortal at that price. I thought the meaning behind his post was fairly obvious even though he set himself up for the 'but Benteke cost that much' retort.

We can't expect to replace Benteke with a player as good as Benteke regardless. Absolutely nobody is suggesting that is realistic. Trouble is, daz is completely incapable of reading what people have actually written and having a decent, adult debate about that.

• Like 1

The predictions about the specific amount we will and won’t be spend this window are futile, nobody has a clue.  Clearly the pessimists have us relegated already because of that tight git Lerner, while the optimists are sitting anxiously expecting a rapid influx of players any minute now.  Personally, I prefer to hope - it is so much nicer than the doom and gloom - but as always time will reveal all.

• Like 1

We can't expect to replace Benteke with a player as good as Benteke regardless. Absolutely nobody is suggesting that is realistic. Trouble is, daz is completely incapable of reading what people have actually written and having a decent, adult debate about that.

Yeah well you're a big fat smelly doodoo-head.
  • Like 3

Yeah well you're a big fat smelly doodoo-head.

I'd have a go back but we know you'd set your Muscle Mary Stevo onto me.

• Like 2