Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Diego Rolan - 3867 minutes played last season, works out at 43 full games, scored 17 and got 8 assists. Works out 1 in 2.5 for goals, 1 in 5.3 for assists.

Not bad at all for a 22 year old.

Fookin yes, get this guy in ASAP. I'd love the Holte End to blast out a chorus of Keep Rolan, Rolan, Rolan.

They see me Rolannnnn, they hatinnnnn.....

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind if we keep £10-20m to spend in Jan.  Inevitably out of potentially 8-10 signings not all will work out and it would be prudent to see who beds in and address any gaps then before it's too late.

welcome back in to England Randy, hope the flight from the U.S. Was comfortable
  • Like 2

50/50/50

What odds can you get on Austin joining Villa?

dont waste your money
do you know for a fact we are not gonna go for him?

not having a dig or anything im just wondering because a few times you have said about not happening when Austins name is bought up

Really hope we're talking to Cambiasso but with him turning Lecister down I can't see him coming here now.

why did he turn them down?

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/9920222/esteban-cambiasso-announces-he-is-leaving-leicester-city

What I was getting at is the reason he turned them down would not be a problem at us.  Not that I want him by the way.  I think he turned them down as he doesnt get on with the Tinker

50/50/50

dont waste your money

not having a dig or anything im just wondering because a few times you have said about not happening when Austins name is bought up

Who else is gunna go for him? Who else needs a striker? Can't see top clubs seeing him as anything other than back up, and most seem sorted? Newcastle?

Edited by tomh621

50/50/50

dont waste your money

well anything is possible I suppose but it is my educated guess (and Ive had a few lucky ones recently so maybe I'm due an unlucky one) that we will not be pursuing Austin. I would be amazed, totally amazed,  if we did

Net spend is misleading when it comes to whether a squad is better before or after a transfer window. But net spend does hint at a club's ambition. Which means we probably won't have a large one :)

• Like 2

Diego Rolan ? No thank you, I don't see any improvement over what we have/had last season. Strikers that look formidable in some European leagues, which this guy doesn't, get a rude awakening in the Prem - and there are numerous  strikers with as equally good and even better games to goals ratio. 

Of course some players progress and take up the challenge but I would still much rather go for Austin though I concede his name doesn't have the same exciting ring to it...

Net spend is misleading when it comes to whether a squad is better before or after a transfer window. But net spend does hint at a club's ambition. Which means we probably won't have a large one :)

Absolutely.

But people being worried that our net spend might be low this window or saying stuff like you need to spend a net of £20m to stay in the league doesn't make any sense.

If we spend a net of zero this window then we'll be absolutely fine (assuming Benteke goes and Sherwood carries on his impressive management). Yes it may show a lack of ambition by the club. But in terms of the current season it's nothing to worry about.

Diego Rolan ? No thank you, I don't see any improvement over what we have/had last season. Strikers that look formidable in some European leagues, which this guy doesn't, get a rude awakening in the Prem - and there are numerous  strikers with as equally good and even better games to goals ratio. 

Of course some players progress and take up the challenge but I would still much rather go for Austin though I concede his name doesn't have the same exciting ring to it...We

We could make it a condition of the transfer that he changes his name from Charlie to Steve