Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Ahh, summer speculation.

I love this time of year. I hate this time of year.

It is a time of great optimism. It is a time of great pessimism.

It is a time of promise and possibility. It is a time of grim inevitability.

It is a time of renewal and rejuvenation. It is a time of deterioration and decline.

It is a time of hope. It is a time of despair.

I don't want it to end just yet. I wish it were over already.

• Like 2

Haha might not be in our powers to change but I don't try going around making smart comment to look cool on the internet instead of facing up to the fact that we are fked

More importantly daz (and for the bazillionth time of asking), how did it work out with your Russian mail-order bride in the end?!

Couldn't get a work permit.

• Like 3

And I'd rather an owner who got us back to where we belong and made the effort to do that.

You mean when Ellis sold us fighting relegation and falling into an abyss?

We are already there but not quite at the abyss but keep being negative and we will reach it!

And I'd rather an owner who got us back to where we belong and made the effort to do that.

We are already there but not quite at the abyss but keep being negative and we will reach it!

• Like 1

Daz's original point is valid though.  The logic that says "this one time we spent £7m on a striker and it worked out really well, therefore we can rely on it happening again to replace him" is about as sound as the other logic we use on here regarding a hesitancy to bring in Eastern European players because this one time we bought a bad one.

We got very lucky with Benteke.  Yes it might happen again but it would be incredibly lucky if it did.  It is far more likely that we buy a mere mortal at that price.  I thought the meaning behind his post was fairly obvious even though he set himself up for the 'but Benteke cost that much' retort.

We would be very lucky and that's why it's unlikely to happen. I would think that Tim would look to use the money to replace Benteke's goals, and more, across the whole team. That is certainly more probable.

We cannot be in a situation again where we are so reliant on one player.

Edited by StanBalaban

Apparently bid for Diego Rolan

~If true I will be a little disappointed. Not sure how well he would do in the Premier League. Can play in a lot of positions though so could be a handy striker. Would rather someone else though to be honest., 

Doubt we'll get Rolan for €18m, Newcastle supposedly had a bit of £13m rejected. Would probably take €20m but for that we'd get the player Gabby thinks he is. Quick, tricky, passes well and can finish. Only 22 as well.

If it was a choice between taking a risk on Austin's knee or Rolan's inexperience I know which I'd prefer. The sort of player who could excel with Sherwoods guidance. Would need a work permit and he probably doesn't speak much English though.