Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Imagine if we were able to bring in Gueye, Praet and Amavi without selling Delph or Benteke? We would actually be a decent side.

I don't think we'll get Amavi now. I also think Benteke'll go. 

Even so, Gueye and Praet would make a massive difference to our midfield.

Who knows how these guys would fare in the Prem. But if we lost Benteke, while adding these guys and a half-decent striker, it's possible that we would be better off overall. Then again, Spurs fans said that when they got the Bale money, and Liverpool fans said that when they got the Suarez money.

If this praet story is true makes me think we are close to selling tekkers otherwise I see no other reason how we can meeting FFP regulations

If we're breaking even, then with new TV money we'll be turning a profit. I think we can afford to lose 50m in 3 years and still be inside FFP, so even without new investment and selling tekkers spending £30m this summer would not put us in trouble with FFP.

If this praet story is true makes me think we are close to selling tekkers otherwise I see no other reason how we can meeting FFP regulations

If we're breaking even, then with new TV money we'll be turning a profit. I think we can afford to lose 50m in 3 years and still be inside FFP, so even without new investment and selling tekkers spending £30m this summer would not put us in trouble with FFP.

We actually made like a £20m profit on the last accounts if you ignore depreciation, you'd imagine the season just gone would be even better with the cup final etc. Plus we have had players like Bent off the amortisation cost lets assume going into next season, we paid about £22m-£25m for him when you add in all the add ons, signing on fees etc over a 4.5 year contract that means he had a cost to the accounts of about £5m-6m every year, now there was an adjustment one year but it was only £6m so probably wasn't getting rid of the bulk of Bent's value in the accounts. The worst thing to do with last years accounts is probably the money Lambert got for signing a new deal and getting sacked, plus we probably added a nice bit to the wage bill with the signing of more experienced players. 

Plus the figure is £105m over 3 years not £50m

• Like 2

We actually made like a £20m profit on the last accounts if you ignore depreciation, you'd imagine the season just gone would be even better with the cup final etc. Plus we have had players like Bent off the amortisation cost lets assume going into next season, we paid about £22m-£25m for him when you add in all the add ons, signing on fees etc over a 4.5 year contract that means he had a cost to the accounts of about £5m-6m every year, now there was an adjustment one year but it was only £6m so probably wasn't getting rid of the bulk of Bent's value in the accounts. The worst thing to do with last years accounts is probably the money Lambert got for signing a new deal and getting sacked, plus we probably added a nice bit to the wage bill with the signing of more experienced players. 

That's great news!

Surely this mean we can get Januzaj on loan?

• Like 4

So, that said, and thanks for the corrections. We are in an even better position than I was summising and can easily spend £30m+ this summer even without new owners investing. Actualy when you think of the increase in revenue for the new TV deal we are in a very string position now to invest pretty heavily and consistently.

On top of everything else, the fact that we're not shopping in the bargain basement like we've been doing for the last 3 years is a great sign of what's coming in the future. This coming season will be very different from the last 5.

• Like 2

-----------------------Austin---------------------

Grealish------------------------------Townsend

-----------------------Praet----------------------

-----------------Delph----Gueye---------------

----------------------------------------------------

Augustinsson--Clark---Richards-----Hutton

----------------------Guzan----------------------

Decent?

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

Decent?

Well we've got Richards so only Austin, Townsend, Praet, Gueye and Augustinsson to go so Sherwood needs to get going!!!

On paper it looks good but there's a long way to go before we see the last of CNZ or Richardson.

Decent?

Very. Top 10. I'd swap Okore out with Richards and Hutton for Richards, but yeah. I like.

There would need to be a squad backing them up, but we would have that in your scenario I think. I'd happily keep Benteke and swap out Austin and Townsend for him and Sinclair if at all possible ;)

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Upped the Aunty

Didn't someone on this forum do that once?
Well, there was the guy who tweeted the picture of his mum at the Emirates, saying he took his mum up the Arse Edited by il_serpente
  • Like 2

Upped the Aunty

Didn't someone on this forum do that once?
Well, there was the guy who tweeted the picture of his mum at the Emirates, saying he took his mum up the Arse

That's what I love about VT - all the nutters on here - feel right at home!!

Would love us to buy Jonathas from Each, would be relatively cheap replacement for Benteke, the guy is a beast and would love to have a Brazilian at Villa!!

Brazilian players are the way forward. Don't think we've ever had one.

Speak for yourself. ;)

• Like 1