Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

so he said he will go for good young British players mixed with foreign quality which I think is a good blend[/quote

But but but ... He doesn't like foreign players he likes British players... Doesn't he??

Ross McCormack cost 11 million and Rhodes record is much more impressive than his. He might not cost 20 million exactly but im sure Blackburn will be asking for something closer to that

Linked with Inverness player here

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/560570/aston-villa-everton-newcastle-swansea-compete-signing-caley-thistle-star/

Caley Thistle youngster Ryan Christie is looking to stay at Inverness despite rumours linking him with a move to the English Premier League.

Manager John Hughes recently admitted he believes it is a matter of time before the Highland club lose the 20-year-old to a club south of the border and a number of English Premier League clubs have watched him in recent weeks and are believed to be considering a move for the attacking midfielder.

Reports in the Sun today suggest that Aston Villa, Everton, Newcastle United and Swansea City are all competing for Christie’s signature, with Caley Thistle believed to be looking for £1million for their star man.

However, Christie is in no hurry to leave the club he joined as a young boy.

Responding to the transfer rumours, Christie said: “Right now I’m staying in Inverness, I was born in Inverness and right now I have a good base of people around me.

“I’m learning my trade in football and there’s no better place to do it in Inverness and under John Hughes.

“My mind’s on Inverness just now, this season and next season. I’ve still got plenty of learning to do in the Scottish Premiership.”

Such is Christie style of play on the pitch and good manners off the pitch, he has often been compared to Sporting Lisbon youngster Ryan Gauld and he admits he would love to match what the former Dundee United kid has done so far in his career: “If I can go on and achieve what Ryan Gauld has then I’ll be more than happy but right now I’m concentrating on Inverness.”

Christie is expected to line up for the Caley Jags against Aberdeen this afternoon.

its will be a big punt though, Blackburn paid around 10million for him so I would imagine he would cost near double that

Blackburn paid £8mil for him and was prepared to accept £12mil off Middlesbrough for him in January..

If Benteke left, I'd be relatively happy spunking 12m on Rhodes as his replacement. It'd be a bit of a risk, but so was Benteke to begin with

Rhodes has gone off the boil this last 6months or so.

Rudy Gestede seems to be the man who is Blackburn's best striker at moment and scoring for fun.

Personally i wouldn't want either at Villa would prefer us to go for Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Edited by Villan4Life

To clarify, I wasn't suggesting he could replace Benteke.

Nobody will be a replacement for Benteke, realistically. Instead, we're looking at a necessary (hopefully minor) change in playing style, and to bring in someone who can score

• Like 1

Do we really need that much restructuring though?

Cleverley

centre back

full back

maybe another midfielder (FWIW I think Gil will be used a lot more next season)

with Kozak back so no need for another striker then maybe get a few young talents in that we can develop

No, we don't need much. I don't think we should touch our CB bunch, unless Ron leaves. If he stays:

1. Sign Cleverley and Sinclair

2. Get in a good two way LB

3. A keeper to challenge and ultimately replace Guzan

4. Try to find a good midfielder to complement Delph and Cleverley

Together with Tim coaching us for a full season a team like this would be enough for a top half finish.

• Like 1

It would not surprise me if Sherwood went back to Spurs for the out of favour Yonus Koboul .Most managers seem to raid their old clubs for a player or two as obviously they know all about them

It would not surprise me if Sherwood went back to Spurs for the out of favour Yonus Koboul .Most managers seem to raid their old clubs for a player or two as obviously they know all about them

If we're going to sign Kaboul we may aswell really try and keep Vlaar, Vlaar is probably injured less than Kaboul! Plus I'm confident Vlaar is on much lower wages.

I don't think Cleverley & Sinclair would let go of their Hollyoaks lifestyles and prepared to relocate to Brum. 

Think the women keep hold of the remote control in their house!

Edited by Kingman

I could see him going for Caulker if/when QPR go down and Vlaar leaves. Two consecutive relegations aside young & pacy, worked with him at Spurs. Perfect foil for out current CBs if Vlaar leaves. Okore Clark Baker Caulker

If Benteke left, I'd be relatively happy spunking 12m on Rhodes as his replacement. It'd be a bit of a risk, but so was Benteke to begin with

I wouldn't, he is basically the white Darren Bent imo.

Scores goals, does nothing else, flat track bully who offers nothing else. 15 years ago he would have been a PL forward, not now, unfortunately for him.

Also, 25 year old with no record of top flight football for £12m. Not for me. No way.