Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Re Livermore, If we manage to convince Cleverly to sign up then I can't see us signing more than one central midfielder (and think Luongo is more of a realistic target) as we already have

Delph (1st choice)

Cleverly (1st choice)

Westwood (rotation)

Sanchez (rotation)

Gardner (rotation/back up)

Sylla (rotation/back up) - although could be sold

Herd (rotation/back up) - although could be sold/released

I'm not including the likes of Grealish, N'Zogbia, Gil, Sinclair (and Tonev) who would operate further forward.

Left back is still a priority as I can't see Cissokho adapting to Sherwood's style of play, although I think he is our most capable defender in that position. Who knows, maybe Luna or Bennet (remember them!?!) will adapt better and suit our current style?

I think we should also look for another striker and move Weimann on - out of all our current squad, Weimann hasn't picked up in performance under TS whilst everyone else arguably has.

However, we could also use Robinson as our No.4 striker with Benteke (think we will keep him for another year), Gabby and Kozak ahead of him (not to mention Hepburn-Murphy)

I would like Sinclair to sign on permanently too, so we'd be pretty well stocked for AM's (Sinclair, N'Zogbia, Grealish, Cole, Gil etc) who can all offer something.

As for centre backs, we may need one more if Vlaar does indeed go. I think Baker, Clark and Okore have aquitted themselves brilliantly this season when called upon and all are maturing into decent centre halves but I still think we need a leader at the back (Clark is definately one of those though!) with experience.

So for me, it's a possible left back, centre back (unless Vlaar signs), sign up Cleverly and Sinclair and maybe a forward!

This is pretty much what I would go with as well, unless we get into Europe. If that happens and we are relying on Clark/Baker/Gabby and potentially Vlaar playing every Thursday-Sunday-Thursday then we will have problems. In terms of numbers we are probably okay, but in terms of quality definitely not....

• Like 1

Papers linking us to Jake Livermore if Hull get relegated - wouldn't be an improvement on any of our current midfielders IMO.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-make-move-jake-5569830

I totally expect us to be linked to every player that has played for Spudzzz from now on.... feels like lazy journalism.

I really hope so. Don't rate him at all. 

• Like 1

I think Tim will be the kind of manager who is overly ambitious with his signings. Going for players you wouldn't think we'd be able to sign.

Unsure as to whether that will be a good thing. It could go the way of Redknapp, paying too much money for overhyped "names".

Or it could go the way of Allardyce, especially in his Bolton days, adding good marquee signings to his already effective team.

Given Tim's approach to youth, I'm tempted to say he'll shy away from over the hill big names, so I'm pretty hopeful of the upcoming window.

(obviously this is all based on a hunch, so may well be total bollocks)

I'm not actually sure what your thinking is! He'll either buy overly ambitious because of his personality or he'll buy youth because of his approach or then again he might buy old marquess signings!! I'm not sure whether it's a wind up post or not!! Anyway we have a team in place so I think we'll have a budget and use it wisely for players with a resale value.

We have a decent squad in place so even if we only get £20m to spend if spent wisely on 3/4 players we will have a very decent squad.

I think Tim will be the kind of manager who is overly ambitious with his signings. Going for players you wouldn't think we'd be able to sign.

Unsure as to whether that will be a good thing. It could go the way of Redknapp, paying too much money for overhyped "names".

Or it could go the way of Allardyce, especially in his Bolton days, adding good marquee signings to his already effective team.

Given Tim's approach to youth, I'm tempted to say he'll shy away from over the hill big names, so I'm pretty hopeful of the upcoming window.

(obviously this is all based on a hunch, so may well be total bollocks)

I'm not actually sure what your thinking is! He'll either buy overly ambitious because of his personality or he'll buy youth because of his approach or then again he might buy old marquess signings!! I'm not sure whether it's a wind up post or not!! Anyway we have a team in place so I think we'll have a budget and use it wisely for players with a resale value.

We have a decent squad in place so even if we only get £20m to spend if spent wisely on 3/4 players we will have a very decent squad.

He said he might go for a big name, and due to him liking youth players doesn't think he'll be the type to go for over the hill players.

Do we really need that much restructuring though?

Cleverley

centre back

full back

maybe another midfielder (FWIW I think Gil will be used a lot more next season)

with Kozak back so no need for another striker then maybe get a few young talents in that we can develop

Cleverley

centre back

full back

with Kozak back so no need for another striker then maybe get a few young talents in that we can develop

I think we need a different sort of striker. A CF 10 as compared to a midfield 10 if you know what I mean. A Gudjonson Bergkamp type rather than a Grealish Gil. But totally agree we don't need much but I want us to upgrade more than just add

Cleverley

centre back

full back

Could see TS moulding things more to his side. Could see a bit of rotation on top of what's needed. For a random example, sell Weimann and sign David Nugent.

apparently hernandez has a release clause of less then 10 million , i personally think he would be the perfect foil for tekkers , and i for on hope we are one of the rumoured 6 or 7 teams to be interested ... would definently give us a deadly attacking 2 ...

Cleverley

centre back

full back

Could see TS moulding things more to his side. Could see a bit of rotation on top of what's needed. For a random example, sell Weimann and sign David Nugent.

I assume that is a joke. He is 30 next week and has less Premier League goals than Weimann

Cleverley

centre back

full back

One of the only players in the league possibly worse than Weimann.

Cleverley

centre back

full back

I assume that is a joke. He is 30 next week and has less Premier League goals than Weimann

Fewer!