Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Stoke havealready beaten us to one Barca signing we was meant to be interested in earlier this summer.. Moha El Ouriachi Let's hope if we want Adama then we sign him over them.. But the number of ex Barca players already there might sway it

Can he play at centre back?

Center Back? Meh, Sherwood is the Diametrically Opposed loose cannon sibling of Alex McLeish. Center backs are not required in this crazy new world.

Would be a very exciting signing. 

However Stoke seem to be buying up a fair number of Barca players.....

....AND WE NEED A CENTRAL DEFENDER :D

Defence? Timothy Sherwood knows of no such word and he has even barred the use at Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath. When questioned upon it he said, and I quote:

"Attack is the new defence. Why do we need to defend when my players will only ever have the ball and only release it when it hits the back of the opposing net or my players make the odd incorrect pass? Of course, the opposition will have the ball back for kick-offs and throw ins etc but, believe me, we WILL win back that ball before it goes anywhere near our goal. Hence, I have stopped looking for a new goalkeeper because we don't need one. In fact, I have been deep in discussion with the coaching staff as to which outfield player would be best suited to that position. We had considered Emanuel Adebayor but we think he may struggle to get down to any potential shots so, instead, we are turning our attentions to Dimitar Berbatov. Not only is the right height but he also has a rounded frame, more suited to being between the sticks. He will also spend most of the game in the opponents half trying to get on the end of Amavi's pinpoint crosses."

Nah, defenders are old school. What we really need is a right winger and two new strikers, of which, one has to be Berbatov. ;)

Stoke sentinel are saying it looks like it's between us and them. ESPN apparently saying we're swooping with a €10m bid and allowing a buyback clause. No link but Twitter is saying ESPN have said that.

Seems high 

Everton got Deulofeu for £4mil with a buy back clause and he has more experance than Traore.

Barcalona B were relegated from Liga 2 hence why Barca are trimming that squad , quite a few players worth a look by all accounts

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/west-ham/premier_league_clubs_on_alert_as_barcelona_b_exodus_starts_1_4105368

I'd never heard of him or seen him before this thread. As far as youtube videos go, his was very impressive. His turn of pace is absolutely frightening. He seems to have it all, pace, power, composure, the ability to put in a good cross whilst actually getting his head up to see where players are in the box, releasing the ball at the right time rather than hogging it. At 19 years old, very impressive, albeit against some dodgy defending but his pace and directness will also make decent defenders look stupid.

I notice the article mentions no fee but also states a buy-out clause, not really contradictory as it doesn't mean he'd be leaving only if the clause was met, they could sell for less.

An exciting signing if it comes off.

I know Stoke have signed a few ex-Barca but do they need another winger?

Yup.  Sherwood is def a fan of Traore.  Whether we get him is a whole different thing.

Spoke to Tim about him have you? 

Spoke? I AM Tim

Just got off the blower with him a second ago. 

facial?

(I know, it's old now)

Yup. Sherwood is def a fan of Traore. Whether we get him is a whole different thing.

Spoke? I AM Tim

Any facial?

You bastard. Delete this. I got there second!

• Like 1

If we get him and its a big if, then he will be the most exciting signing this season for me.  Could be world class.

Monumental if I'd say at this stage but have to agree, it would be one of the most exciting signings we've ever made. No idea if there is anything in this link or not to be honest.

I can't help but wonder how much influence Almstadt is having on our summer, not just in the targets themselves but the speed and efficiency with which we've brought them in.

• Like 2

Yup. Sherwood is def a fan of Traore. Whether we get him is a whole different thing.

Spoke? I AM Tim

facial?

(I know, it's old now)

Spoke? I AM Tim
Any facial?

You bastard. Delete this. I got there second!

yeah Delete it nobody wants sloppy seconds

a liverpool fanzine has claimed that they are not in the running for adama traore...

funny they would say that if its true theyve lost out to villa.

Can't link the story at the moment, but the Liverpool Echo has said they're not in for him also.

A lot of media outlets reporting its between us and Stoke.

The reason he'd go to Stoke is because he may know a few of the other lads they've signed/

The reason he'd sign for us is because of everything else to do with anything.

• Like 3