Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I would consider a cheeky bud to get Mario B from Liverpool. Timmy might just be able to get him to play.

A front line of Mario, Ade and Berba is sure to scare a defense, three nutters coming at them ;)

Mario is bad news for any club. He cost liverpool top 4 last season.

really? the top 4

Reading too much of the Liverpool biased media mate

Not really. Going by my opinion from watching them a lot last season. They blew it in the first few months when continuing to play him.

Balotelli is another level of lazy, Adebayor doesn't get near him. There's a bit of talent there but if he didn't have the eccentric off the field personality he'd have already been on the scrap-heap. He couldn't even justify his lazyness with goals last season. Hugely over-rated.

Mario is bad news for any club. He cost liverpool top 4 last season.

really? the top 4

Reading too much of the Liverpool biased media mate 

If Liverpool had spent that money on a decent striker, they could've pipped Utd, they were only 8 points off. Balotelli scored a grand total of 1 league goal for them, Gerrard was their top league scorer with 9.  We should know better than most the difference a good striker can make. Just because their faults last season can be laid at the doors of others doesn't mean that if Balotelli had scored ~15 goals they could've gotten 9-10 points more.

As for Balotelli here? No way for me, way too volatile to be relied upon consistently like he would be here.

• Like 1

If Benteke had gone to Liverpool rather than Villa he would not be the player he is today. Their fans would not given him the 2 thirds of the season to find his shooting boots. Last season we were patient as he did nothing until Feb.

Bring Mario to Villa, put an arm around him, make him feel loved and he will produce. He is a big kid and just wants to feel wanted. Probably perform better being the main man at a less high profile club like Le Tiss at Southampton, De Canio at West Ham.

We have not had anyone unpredictable since Merson and Carbone

If Benteke had gone to Liverpool rather than Villa he would not be the player he is today. Their fans would not given him the 2 thirds of the season to find his shooting boots. Last season we were patient as he did nothing until Feb.

Bring Mario to Villa, put an arm around him, make him feel loved and he will produce. He is a big kid and just wants to feel wanted. Probably perform better being the main man at a less high profile club like Le Tiss at Southampton, De Canio at West Ham.

We have not had anyone unpredictable since Merson and Carbone

I genuinely believe you, he's never had a dad around and pretty much raised his family as the man of the house at too young an age. Given an arm around him, some love from the fans and a mentor like Tim and he could hit 20+ a season. But it's a big gamble and there's no room for sentiment in football. One red card and he might go off on one and not score for 2 months, we're not in the position to take on such a luxury striker. Edited by 7392craig

How long did it take Benteke to score after being sent off against Spurs last season?

Liverpool paid only 16 million for him and with his stock being low we could get him for a good price.

We have played the safe option for far too long, I would say we are in the position where we take a gamble if the price is right.

Carew was in a similar position at Lyon before we swapped him for Baros.

He loved the support from the Villa crowd and he bloody frustrated as much as he delighted us but we loved him all the same

How long did it take Benteke to score after being sent off against Spurs last season?

Liverpool paid only 16 million for him and with his stock being low we could get him for a good price.

We have played the safe option for far too long, I would say we are in the position where we take a gamble if the price is right.

At the right price yes, but anything that's taking money away from any other potential transfer targets isn't worth it. (If we have any more targets, fingers crossed for a CB)

Only £16m?! That's a shed-load for a player they were already taking a gamble on and he showed nothing in terms of ability or even effort to even try and repay that faith in their gamble. Benteke had a poor run of form after a bad injury, Balotelli has had a huge run of bad form because of the amount of effort he puts in. He's quite simply a waste of potential. He only had a half decent record at City because they created so many chances. I'd rather have Borini to be honest! (I don't want Borini, just demonstrating how shocking Mario has become). His career was on a massive slide and a club as big as Liverpool gave him a final chance to show he still had something but he just simply doesn't care. He'd get the ball, lose it easily and show zero lack of desire to rectify this, he'd stand there with his hands on his hips instead of closing down. That's nothing to do with feeling loved or an arm around his shoulder, that's straight up laziness and other players having to carry him.

Only £16m?! That's a shed-load for a player they were already taking a gamble on and he showed nothing in terms of ability or even effort to even try and repay that faith in their gamble. Benteke had a poor run of form after a bad injury, Balotelli has had a huge run of bad form because of the amount of effort he puts in. He's quite simply a waste of potential. He only had a half decent record at City because they created so many chances. I'd rather have Borini to be honest! (I don't want Borini, just demonstrating how shocking Mario has become). His career was on a massive slide and a club as big as Liverpool gave him a final chance to show he still had something but he just simply doesn't care. He'd get the ball, lose it easily and show zero lack of desire to rectify this, he'd stand there with his hands on his hips instead of closing down. That's nothing to do with feeling loved or an arm around his shoulder, that's straight up laziness and other players having to carry him.

Isn't that the case with Berbatov though? Although admittedly Berbatov pulls it out the bag more often than not. But if we were to sign him there would undoubtedly be a lot of games where players would be carrying him, mostly due to his lack of closing down. I highly rate him but I couldn't count how many times I've seen him with his hands on his hips.