Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Personally I think we may see one in this week. Things seem to be pretty slow at the moment on the transfer front.

Not really the problem is there is just so much to do.
Maybe the problem is we've only got one fax machine?

Its a pity Tom Fox couldnt bring the Arsenal one with him

Along with about ten of their players...

In that case it appears that Lerner is an even worse businessman than I thought.

If we cannot spend what we get from transfers plus another 10 to 15 million then what on earth is happening down at VP.

• Like 3

I don't think Sherwood would have spent 17m on only two players if things were that right.

Nixon is just guessing. I can't see him being a confidant of Randy Lerner myself.

Edited by Ponky
  • Like 1

I don't think Sherwood would have doesn't 17m on only two players if things were that right.

Nixon is just guessing. I can't see him being a confidant if Randy Lerner myself.

Yep. Pure guesswork. The indications are that Lerner is providing the necessary cash for Fox/Sherwood. And not dependent on a Benteke transfer, which may or may not be happening. 

Well it will come back and bite him big time if he decides to be scrooge! He wont get anywhere near 150 million for us in the Championship so its better to spend a bit now to make sure we keep our premiership status!

The wage bill is coming down, deadwood is been shifted and replaced with some good potential. So Lerner you have a choice, spend that bit extra and make sure we maintain our status making us more of a prospect. Or just sit on your hands and flush your investment down the toilet!

Edited by calcifer

Nothing new there.  If true, that's about £20m to spend 

Prepare for a long ass season

Corrected Omar

60 mill was the minimum spend required this season with the benteke money which sounds about right

no chance

If the amount of money we spend this window is all that we can afford as a business then that's fine, I don't expect Randy to go into his own pocket anymore.

But if we underspend so Randy can take some money out of the business then that's just not on.

It seems everyone is in the know these days, so tell me...

Is it a case of Randy just not wanting to spend his personal wealth anymore?

or...

Does Randy intend on taking some AVFC generated income out of the business and into his pocket?

Edited by PieFacE

Nothing new there. If true, that's about £20m to spend

Prepare for a long ass season

Corrected Omar

60 mill was the minimum spend required this season with the benteke money which sounds about right

no chance

£4-5m per player we're after then.

It’s like an emotional roller coaster with this club.  One minute you are up thinking things are changing and feeling optimistic, the next minute you are down again, players leaving, no investment. I am still hoping that Sherwood will be given the funds he needs to at least give us a fighting chance i.e. 3-4 decent signings and perhaps one or two loans.  Learner is no fool, he must know we are on the brink and to sink into the Championship would be the worst case scenario for him and the club.  Being a more successful club is about making better choices and what happens in the next 41 days is where our fortunes will be determined.  Lets all pray!!!

If the amount of money we spend this window is all that we can afford as a business then that's fine, I don't expect Randy to go into his own pocket anymore.

But if we underspend so Randy can take some money out of the business then that's just not on.

or...

Does Randy intend on taking some AVFC generated income out of the business and into his pocket?

With the new TV money and selling 2 key players. I'll be amazed if we spend more than we take in. We should be able to show quite a lot of financial ambition this summer without Lerner spending his own money.

or...

I'm no super sleuth, but considering he's only ever taken some out in management fees, which was then pumped straight back in, along with millions more, I'd go for option A.

• Like 1