Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I agree with Richard that central defence is a concern with Senderos and Baker and even Okore & Clark seeming to collect injuries a bit too rapidly. We don't know what to expect from Richards if he does play in central defence though the feedback from his performances in Italy when he played there was not good.

For me we can easily sell another LB now Amavi is here

The LB & RB positions (if you include Richards as a RB) appear to be covered although if Richards is gonna play central then that leaves Hutton & Bacuna who  could do a job but could also easily be improved upon.

As for midfield if Gueye is to play right mid with presumably Nzog & possibly Bacuna as cover we should be ok there, centrally we have Westwood & Sanchez as defensive options and Sinclair out left with Richardson as another option & Gil , Cole & Grealish, providing AM options. so for me we are lacking Central cover in midfield.

As for the Strikers well this has to be the biggest area for concern obviously with just Gabby, Robinson and Kozak, all of which are back up strength no more in my opinion. Gabby is well, just Gabby, Kozak we just don't know and Robinson is obviously still up n coming, it would be unfair to put the burden on these three. So i agree that two first choice strikers are needed badly.

Of course if Guzan does go then we need a keeper too!

So 

Keeper? 

RB

CD

LM

CM

Striker x 2

6 in or if Guzan goes 7 and we have a chance. My main concern is that's a lot of players to get up to speed quickly with no pre season as such for most of them.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Cissokho looks like he will be on his way, probably to Italy. Richardson is cover for LB and midfield.  Bennett injured and I think TS wants to have a look at him first.

From TS comments it looks like we will be playing 4-3-3 not 3 at the back as originally thought.  Richards and Clark for me as the CB pairing. 

Would rather Okore/Clark with Richards at RB I think.

Haven't followed any pre-season friendlies though, so no idea what's going on.

(As an aside - I live in Nottingham and noticed we're playing Forest on 1st August.  Anyone with experience of attending pre-season friendlies?  Can you normally buy on the door for away end or...?)

Nkoulou 9mill

Praet 8 mill

Darder 6 mill

Oulare 7 mill

Guzan

Richards Nkoulou  Clark  Amavi

Darder

Gueye     Praet

Gil                         Grealish

Oulare

Nkoulou 9mill

Praet 8 mill

Darder 6 mill

Oulare 7 mill

Guzan

Richards Nkoulou  Clark  Amavi

Darder

Gueye     Praet

Gil                         Grealish

Oulare

Yes please.....

the thing with oulare is that he's not a regular 1st teamer with brugge, he's played 11 games in his career, got no problem with us signing him if we think he has potential but id like to think we are buying him as 3rd or 4th choice, doesnt sound anywhere near ready to be playing 30+ prem games next season

I'd say with our current team my XI would be:

Guzan

Hutton Richards Clark Amavi

Gueye Westwood

Sinclair Gil Grealish

Gabby

With bench players: Bunn, Okore, Baker, Richardson, Bacuna, Sanchez, Gardner, Cole, Kozak, Robinson.

I think we need a Centre mid, attacking midfield player and a striker. If we only got those 3 positions then I'd be happy with this window. If we can get them in the next 7 days, we can look at other options in August after the season has started.

It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks so I'm intrigued how this will all play out. I genuinely believe we could end up looking a stronger outfit by the end of the window then at any time under Lambert.

If Richards was told by Sherwood he would play him centrally I can't see him playing at RB to start the season.

If Darder deal doesn't exist/come off we should give £5m to Feyernoord for Tonny Vilhena. Southampton wanted him but with Clasie there maybe they're no longer interested, although they are different types of players.

the thing with oulare is that he's not a regular 1st teamer with brugge, he's played 11 games in his career, got no problem with us signing him if we think he has potential but id like to think we are buying him as 3rd or 4th choice, doesnt sound anywhere near ready to be playing 30+ prem games next season

Might be a good signing to act as understudy to Kozak, never heard of him but young Belgians seem to be good talents.

The problem is Gabby, if he starts putting away chances we will be absolutely fine but it's been a long time since he did and the way Sherwood plays we might need him to perform....can Robinson step up....

If Richards was told by Sherwood he would play him centrally I can't see him playing at RB to start the season.

If Darder deal doesn't exist/come off we should give £5m to Feyernoord for Tonny Vilhena. Southampton wanted him but with Clasie there maybe they're no longer interested, although they are different types of players.

What do you think of Darder?

Darder and Vilhena are completely different players aren't they?