Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

We need to stop "making a punt" on these players that might be a hit.

We have been doing that for years.

Villa need quality players brought in that can be a starter from day one.

Yes, let's buy players that definitely will not possibly fail.

That's where we've been goin wrong all these years........

Now that's a little pedantic...

example-

Luna, taking a punt.

Amavi, French u21 player with a host of Mom awards last season

Nothing is a sure thing but taking a punt probably have a 1/10 chance of coming off. We could do without that while our team is still pretty much the same as the one that almost got relegated

How many more players do we think we realistically need? I think we only need another three personally (left back, forward, winger)

I would say a lot depends on what target we're trying to hit.

To stay up? Mid table? Top half finish?

You missed these: 

Top 6, Top 4, Champions!  ;)

Surely the most logical thing would be to take Adebayor on a season long loan?

No way would I risk giving him a 3 year deal on god knows how much over 50k a week when his career suggests he gives up after one good season at a club.

Loan him in and then reassess at the end of the season.

Under no circumstances can he be packaged as Benteke's replacement. I would maybe take him if Benteke stayed and he was the impact sub option off the bench.

Did you know we had spent 90M on English players since 2008? Only United liver and city have spent more!

NRC, C Davies, Sidwell, Harewood, Heskey.

Can't be far off £30M for that dross.

Edited by troon_villan

Did you know we had spent 90M on English players since 2008? Only United liver and city have spent more!

NRC, C Davies, Sidwell, Harewood, Heskey.

Can't be far off £30M for that dross.

I think Davies, Harewood NRC was actually 2007 so not included!!

Surely the most logical thing would be to take Adebayor on a season long loan?

No way would I risk giving him a 3 year deal on god knows how much over 50k a week when his career suggests he gives up after one good season at a club.

Loan him in and then reassess at the end of the season.

Under no circumstances can he be packaged as Benteke's replacement. I would maybe take him if Benteke stayed and he was the impact sub option off the bench.

I'd be happy with Adebayor on loan. If we spent money on him, it could end up as one of the many deals that Spurs do where they somehow appear to come out on top. If we had him on loan and he's rubbish, we can just send him back without having spent a decent amount of money on him.

I'd only want us to buy Adebayor if we only gave him a 2-year deal, if Spurs were paying some of his wages, if the transfer fee was no more than £2.5m and if buying him meant that Spurs also gave us a 'knocked down' price for Townsend.

I don't ask for much.

• Like 1

So according to the totally unbiased media reporters Liverpool are going to use some of the £49m they will get for Sterling to sign Benteke, hopefully for less than the £32.5m asking price. We will then give Spurs £20m for Townsend and Adebayor.

Let's hope it's all bullshit, apart from Sterling going to Man City for £49m.

Sterling has gone for £49m of which £10m goes to QPR and at least £5m is in bonuses rather than upfront, could be less than that upfront, leaves them with £34m, they've already spent £29m on firmino, £12m on Clyne, £5m on the Charlton kid, £6m on Ings... No guarantee Liverpool have got £32.5m sat in their bank account