Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Not sure on Chery but pretty it looks pretty certain that we are interested in Praet and Amavi.

What makes you say that about Praet ?

From what I've seen of the usual suspects it seems Praet has been offered to us along with everyone else, hence the stories but no bid has been made by us.

You seen anything else?

So who do we think we should replace him with?

Heaton has signed a new contract at Burnley and it seems Begovic may prefer to spend next season sitting on a bench rather than playing. So could it be Button from Brentford?

said it in the Guzan thread. We should go after Mat Ryan from Club Brugge.

Gotta disagree, only going to be as good as Brad in the long run but he's even shorter, buying him would be a waste of time and money.

You reckon? I think at age of 22 he's not far off Guzan already. Keepers peak alot later on.

Would anyone take Vorm if we are in for a keeper? Always thought he looked brilliant at Swansea, if we can offer 1st team football it might be an option. Sherwood will know him already so if he was impressed enough I would have thought he'd try and go back for him.

Good shout but with talk of llores going I don't think they be willing to sell him.

Would anyone take Vorm if we are in for a keeper? Always thought he looked brilliant at Swansea, if we can offer 1st team football it might be an option. Sherwood will know him already so if he was impressed enough I would have thought he'd try and go back for him.

I'd take him, i think he is superb

Apparently were in for this lad Embolo from F.C. Basel as a replacement for Benteke.

http://www.fansrc.com/villa-line-up-bentekes-replacement/?utm_source=fbgepltu&utm_medium=fbp&utm_term=Embolo&utm_content=SR92&utm_campaign=08%2F07%2F15

"Liverpool’s hopes of signing Christian Benteke have seemingly increased as Aston Villa begin their search for his replacement.

The Mirror report that Breel Embolo, rated at £10million, is the man Tim Sherwood has identified to fill Benteke’s shoes."

Breel Embolo is a similar player to Benteke, but 1/3 of the price we will sell him for and younger. Obviously not proven but it's more of a well calculated risk than a complete shot in the dark. Think he'd be a brilliant signing and means we can push forward with plans for the new season knowing that whoever we have up front will be either Benteke himself or a player of a similar mould

if we've got any sense we'll "replace" benteke before we have £32m sat in our bank account, im sure embolo will cost more if they know we have the money, hopefully we'll be proactive get someone in and then not sell the big guy, think we have the space in our squad to accommodate the risk, whether or not we have the money is the question

• Like 1

Breel Embolo is a similar player to Benteke, but 1/3 of the price we will sell him for and younger. Obviously not proven but it's more of a well calculated risk than a complete shot in the dark. Think he'd be a brilliant signing and means we can push forward with plans for the new season knowing that whoever we have up front will be either Benteke himself or a player of a similar mould

We could really do with another striker as well as Benteke.

• Like 1

From what i have seen he looks awesome only has one thing in his mind ball=net exactly what a striker needs to do, nothing else ball=net done!!!!!

But I don't want my strikers confusing the ball for a net :(

• Like 2