Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

So who do we think we should replace him with?

Heaton has signed a new contract at Burnley and it seems Begovic may prefer to spend next season sitting on a bench rather than playing. So could it be Button from Brentford? 

Aston Villa's hopes of signing Ternana forward Felipe Avenatti have been boosted after Cagliari pulled out of the race.

Villa chief Tim Sherwood is looking to bolster his attacking options at Villa Park this summer after guiding the side to Premier League safety in the second half of last season.

And he had been linked with the 22-year-old Uruguayan striker late last month with reports of a possible four million euros offer for his signature.

However, Italian Serie A side Cagliari subsequently moved to the front of the queue for Avenatti's signature only to be scuppered when Ternana snubbed their offer of a player-plus-cash deal because they would prefer a full cash bid.

Cagliari have switched their sights to La Spezia forward Niccolo Giannetti which paves the way clear for Villa to renew their interest in Avenatti, who scored 13 goals for the mid-table Italian Serie B side last term.

Leeds have also been linked with a bid but the player would no doubt prefer a move to the Premier League if Villa stepped up their interest.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/aston-villa/villa-boosted-in-uruguayan-hitman-bid-1949240.html#.VZzX9kbCdCg

Heaton has signed a new contract at Burnley and it seems Begovic may prefer to spend next season sitting on a bench rather than playing. So could it be Button from Brentford? 

said it in the Guzan thread. We should go after Mat Ryan from Club Brugge.

• Like 1

Might be biased as an Aussie but Ryan is class! Best of a very good batch of Aussie keepers at the moment, him and Mitch Langerak are both very good.

• Like 2

It's getting a bit difficult to keep up with all the links etc. Am I correct in thinking the following:

Gueye - Awaiting work permit. Almost certain to sign.

Amavi - Rumored to have sent representatives out to agree the fee. Possible.

Chery - Rumored fee agreed. Possible

Everyone else is just press talk?

• Like 1

Gotta disagree, only going to be as good as Brad in the long run but he's even shorter, buying him would be a waste of time and money.

Pitty we can only start with 11, being linked with about 10 a day

how many we signing?

It's getting a bit difficult to keep up with all the links etc. Am I correct in thinking the following:

Praet

They all start out as press talk at some stage. With Amavi and Chery we haven't had any official confirmation so those can still be classed as that. It makes a hell of a change from the last few years and it seems most of our links are coming from the country were the players are and not starting in the UK. They all seem in the young and potential side but with bigger fees than before. It's an enjoyable window so far.

Saw some jurno's tweeting (also one in Netherlands) that we are close on Chery, as in almost there but the club is trying to squeeze as much as they can from us. I don't have Twitter I was ghosting on there so can't remember who I saw post.

Saw Button linked again today.

Would anyone take Vorm if we are in for a keeper? Always thought he looked brilliant at Swansea, if we can offer 1st team football it might be an option. Sherwood will know him already so if he was impressed enough I would have thought he'd try and go back for him.