Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Well he's French so he's a Wenger-type signing.  As for leading with 'Arsenal-linked'.  The way I see it, the papers know what they're good at, and if we get him then I couldn't care less, assuming we're in for him of course.

This is why we need new owners in, then players like this just might sit up and take a bit more notice. I remember when Man City first got their sugar daddy and at first they had a bit of difficulty attracting the top players but when they started flashing the cash and everyone saw they were serious they soon came running. 

As it stands no top player would surely see us as a good proposition.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

I find it slightly amusing that people are concerned with being linked to Huddlestone and Vardy. We just finished 17th after 3 prior seasons of battling relegation. Really what do people expect? Whoever we sign it cant be any worse than last transfer window.

For 20 million quid, I expect a hell of a lot more than Huddlestone and Vardy ffs.

Let it happen before you get stressed about it. The is no way on earth we are going to pay anywhere near 20M for those 2 players. In fact as longer as Lerner is in charge we won't spend 20M on any 2 players!!

Am I the only one who thinks Cissokho and Hutton have done well?

I honestly thought our full backs along with our keeper were the least of our worries yet we're trying to replace all 3 (rumours).

Maybe I don't watch us enough.

• Like 1

I honestly thought our full backs along with our keeper were the least of our worries yet we're trying to replace all 3 (rumours).

Early on the back four looked much better to me, but injuries ect ruined that. If we were to play with defensive fullbacks Cissokho & Hutton are decent but I can see Sherwood wanting attack minded ones. So this guy fits the bill from what I've seen, caught a couple games last season

Hutton was OK - certainly the best defensively and got forward a decent amount.

Cissokho was incredibly disappointing with the ball at his feet, for me.  If we're wanting to get the ball forward more quickly, Aly is unfortunately not the answer.

Though some of the links may be tabloid nonsense it does appear that we are trying to get our business done early, Which is refreshing, and also rather strange given the uncertainty of the owner.

Aston Villa have announced that former Southampton midfielder Niall Mason is set to join the club on a permanent deal following a successful trial stint.

Mason, 18, linked up with Villa in April ahead of his Southampton contract expiring and went on to start all six of the Under-21 side’s remaining fixtures, scoring in the 3-2 win at Middlesbrough.

Featuring at both centre-back and in a defensive midfield role, the versatile teenager will now continue his footballing education in the Midlands after the coaching staff were impressed enough with his performances to offer him professional terms.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/15/ex-southampton-midfielder-niall-mason-set-for-permanent-aston-vi/

Edited by av1

Imagine if you can that you are 21 year-old Frenchman Amavi.

Your agent is telling you that Arsenal, Atleti and Lyon are all interested in you (All teams you have heard of and know something about) and there is also this Aston Veela who have also shown interest.

There is no way in any of the realities in the Multiverse that Amavi will sign for Villa. Even the one where Scarlett Johansson dragged me out of the Holte End against West Brom and gave me a celebratory blowie in the penalty box.

Imagine if you will that despite what your agent is saying no other club bids for you. You can sign for a premiership club who will pay you handsomely for a few yrs whilst you improve and adjust to life in England. You can then get a big money move to a top club...

I don't know the player but if he is good I have no objection being used as a stepping stone. At the moment that has to be our selling point.

And hands off Scarlett is mine

• Like 1

Be nice to spend some real money on a proper left back instead of buying rubbish gambles ie Bennett, Aly and Luna.

We also need to make better decisions as a club, the fee for those 3 combined could have bought a good left back. 

• Like 1

TalkSport - Aston Villa have bid accepted for Nice defender Jordan Amavi

http://talksport.com/football/reports-aston-villa-have-bid-accepted-nice-defender-jordan-amavi-150616150924

One of those bids that will only serve to mobilise the sides higher up the pecking order. This year's Jose Bosingwa.

This could happen. The Premier League is a dream for a lot of players and if no other bids come in we will sign him. Bosingwa was different as he already had a high profile in Europe.

I mentioned Amavi a few weeks ago, purely speculative, had the second highest rating in the league just behind Ibrahimovic on WhoScored. Got 8 MoTM rewards as well or something equally ridiculous, would be an incredible signing if we pull it off, on paper anyway.