Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

She also posted this so now i doubt her credibility

I can confirm reports of Bas Dost from Wolfsburg to Newcastle are spot on. Deal should be completed by Friday #nufc

and also claims have a friend on Villa board

She seems to have got a fair few things right from what I saw ( I was mainly having a perv up at some of her pictures ) west ham appear to have made an approach for Tevez etc

No idea if she is just copying every rumour she's seen on the interweb though

Let's hope in Huddlestones case it's one that misses

Edited by tonyh29

Huddlestone and Vardy are exactly the kind of names I feared Sherwood would be interested in. 

I'm hoping the media are also just going off that sense and that actually Riley and Sherwood have something a bit smarter up their sleeves, although I'm not altogether optimistic, 

Huddlestone and Vardy are exactly the kind of names I feared Sherwood would be interested in. 

I'm hoping the media are also just going off that sense and that actually Riley and Sherwood have something a bit smarter up their sleeves, although I'm not altogether optimistic, 

I'm still not entirely sure where this perception comes from? Is it purely because of Sherwood's comments on English players? It's not as if he has a transfer history to go by.

I'm still not entirely sure where this perception comes from? Is it purely because of Sherwood's comments on English players? It's not as if he has a transfer history to go by.

Yeah, it's based on the things he says and the sort of character he is. I'd hazard that at least 75% of the signings we make this summer will be English. 

There's no issue with signing English players in itself but if we really are looking at the likes of Vardy and Huddlestone then that would make me very concerned about how open minded a person Sherwood actually is. 

I'd rather spend 5m on Huddlestone than 5m on Vardy (I realise the tabloids have reported a much higher potential price for Vardy). Huddlestone on his day is a decent Prem midfielder, Vardy is the next David Nugent, a Championship standard striker. I actually doubt Vardy will ever better his 'haul' in the Premier League of 5 goals, from last season.

Edited by AvfcTheObsession

Am I only the one that things Huddlestone is a decent player?

He's not that much different to Westwood really. I don't see him as the sort that will move us a good 5-6 places up the table. 

Where were these inspirational performances saving Hull from Relegation last season btw.

He was a regular in a dismal low scoring team that went down.

He's not that much different to Westwood really. I don't see him as the sort that will move us a good 5-6 places up the table. 

Where were these inspirational performances saving Hull from Relegation last season btw.

Not saying he was good last season, but you can't assume a player isn't worth having just because their team got relegated and they didn't save them. You'd take Charlie Austin wouldn't you? Danny Ings?

No one knows when the takeover will happen or even if it will happen so has to be a case of business as usual like last summer.

Man. City only got taken over last day of 2008 transfer window and spent that day like kids in a sweet shop although they did pick up Kompany and Zabaleta.

Not saying he was good last season, but you can't assume a player isn't worth having just because their team got relegated and they didn't save them. You'd take Charlie Austin wouldn't you? Danny Ings?

I just think Huddlestone is overrated, always have done when he was Spurs for example. 

Steve Bruce last season saying he should've been a starter for England at the world cup ffs because he can pass a ball.

He's too slow and immobile and the better teams in the league crowd him out and overrun him especially in a 4-4-2.

Let's also remember we actually need someone from central midfielder to actually score some goals next season. Cleverley was starting to do that so his replacement needs to be someone who can hit 5-10 league goals. Huddlestone averages what two a season?

Sorry, not for me.

It's not just the signing itself, it's also what it says about Sherwood's transfer policy and even more worryingly our takeover prospects.

It doesn't really say anything at the moment because it's just paper talk.

It's not just the signing itself, it's also what it says about Sherwood's transfer policy and even more worryingly our takeover prospects.

That he rates Tom Huddlestone and, erm, what does it say about the takeover rumours?

It would be yet more evidence in support of many peoples fear that Sherwood is going to shop mainly for English players. I'd say it would indicate that the takeover is either nowhere near to being complete, or we're about to be taken over by someone without much ambition.

Those two were among the better performers in the team. Huddlestone was awful.

• Like 1

I just think Huddlestone is overrated, always have done when he was Spurs for example. 

Steve Bruce last season saying he should've been a starter for England at the world cup ffs because he can pass a ball.

He's too slow and immobile and the better teams in the league crowd him out and overrun him especially in a 4-4-2.

Let's also remember we actually need someone from central midfielder to actually score some goals next season. Cleverley was starting to do that so his replacement needs to be someone who can hit 5-10 league goals. Huddlestone averages what two a season?

Sorry, not for me.

I wouldn't be overly excited about the signing, I'd rank it as steady. He's certainly got his weaknesses but I think he's good enough for our starting 11.

I like him. Good player.

Great passer of the ball and more expansive than Westwood in the deeper role. He's a bit slow and not the most mobile, but if he was, we wouldn't be talking about signing him and he wouldn't be going for £5m quid.

I think he'd be very good for us with the right players around him.