Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

It won't be as difficult as villa have made out in the last decade

5 years

Beeb shockingly run since Lerner took over. We just didn't know it because the results on the pitch masked it.

If anything, the last five years have been ran 'better' than the first 4. The results haven't been as good obviously but at the very least we haven't spent money we just simply haven't got.

She also posted this so now i doubt her credibility

I can confirm reports of Bas Dost from Wolfsburg to Newcastle are spot on. Deal should be completed by Friday #nufc

and also claims have a friend on Villa board

She also posted this so now i doubt her credibility

I can confirm reports of Bas Dost from Wolfsburg to Newcastle are spot on. Deal should be completed by Friday #nufc

and also claims have a friend on Villa board

That other Mark fella also stated a deal will be done by July for the takeover.

Who knows but interesting speculation nonetheless.

Dost to Newcastle would sadly open up for Benteke to Wolfsburg...

Providing they pay the clause I don't mind him moving abroad if we absolutely cannot keep him.

Whether he would want to move there is another question. Think he will wait for Sterling to move first.

Providing they pay the clause I don't mind him moving abroad if we absolutely cannot keep him.

Whether he would want to move there is another question. Think he will wait for Sterling to move first.

Champions League for a very rich German side or Europa League with a frugal and diminishing English power. I know there is definitely an allure to the Premier League but Wolfsburg are an emerging force.
  • Like 2

Champions League for a very rich German side or Europa League with a frugal and diminishing English power. I know there is definitely an allure to the Premier League but Wolfsburg are an emerging force.

We didnt qualify for the Europa League ;)

Absolutely.

I just have a feeling he might just want to stay in the prem though. Could be wrong.

Yeah I get that feeling too tbh. I would hate for that lot to be his only exit route because I suspect he would take it rather than stay put.

Huddlestone, another overpriced turd of a player.  If Sherwood insists of having to buy English (he still is in the Blackburn english timewarp by the way) then at least buy half decent ones at that money.  

• Like 1

I said it a while back, but whoever Tim wants to bring in we should wait to see how they perform in a villa jersey before making any judgements. He knows how he ultimately wants his villa to play, we don't, and he'll know the kind of players he needs to make it happen.

I'm not going to, and I don't think anyone else should, preemptively rubbish any signings before they play and we see what he's got in mind

I never understood the whole 'only judge players once they've played in a Villa shirt' mantra. If people don't rate players, they shouldn't suddenly pretend to do so because their club happens to sign them. I back Sherwood as much as anyone but he has absolutely no transfer record to gauge, therefore hasn't earnt faith in his judgement in this regard as of yet. If he signs the likes of Huddlestone, it sets off early warning signs in my eyes.

• Like 4

Supposedly tried to intercept the Juanmi deal last minute according to AS but it was too late..

Málaga striker Juanmi will sign for Southampton after the English club decided to pay the €7 million release clause in his contract. Negotiations over the deal have lasted several weeks but came to a head on Sunday. The player is now in England for a medical and to sign his contract.

Two other clubs almost intercepted the deal at the last minute. Premier League side Aston Villa and La Liga club Real Sociedad both tried to sign the striker but the agreement between the player and Southampton was already complete.

http://as.com/diarioas/2015/06/15/english/1434377523_784984.html