Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

He is only 28 as well which is a perfect age

probably not a coincidence that the season he played the most games for Spurs was the year they qualified for Champions League 

I suspect Tim will after Lennon as well.

Considering how we setup, I don't see it.

Also another pace merchant for me with again very little end product.

But how you set up was dependent on the players Tim had when he arrived.

He loves Lennon. Tim was always a big fan of Townsend and loved the idea of his academy players establishing themselves. But even so, he always picked Lennon for the right wing, as he wanted his work rate and defensive cover.

Work rate and defensive cover? I class him as one of the laziest players in the league, although i do rate the offensive side of his game, i think he's been at spurs for too long now and probably needs a fresh challenge

I really hope Tim doesn't think building a team of Spurs rejects is the road to success for Villa

Spurs the team that finished in top 6 the last 6 seasons and outside of top 10 once in 12 years

Yeah we shouldnt be looking at their players that played a lot of games in them seasons.

• Like 1

I suspect Tim will after Lennon as well.

Considering how we setup, I don't see it.

Also another pace merchant for me with again very little end product.

But how you set up was dependent on the players Tim had when he arrived.

He loves Lennon. Tim was always a big fan of Townsend and loved the idea of his academy players establishing themselves. But even so, he always picked Lennon for the right wing, as he wanted his work rate and defensive cover.

Work rate and defensive cover? I class him as one of the laziest players in the league, although i do rate the offensive side of his game, i think he's been at spurs for too long now and probably needs a fresh challenge

He's not lazy at all. He's not fast, but that isn't the same as being lazy. How does he make 2.4 tackles per game this season and 1.5 interceptions, if he's lazy? It's not as if the opposition players go looking him when they've got the ball. 

I'd rather give Gardner a chance than sign Huddlestone. I'd also rather keep Westwood in our starting XI over him because imo he offers more.

He certainly isn't better than Delph.

So I can't really see where he will fit in. He can't play the Cleverley role.

Hopefully Hull price him out a move here.

I really hope Tim doesn't think building a team of Spurs rejects is the road to success for Villa

Spurs the team that finished in top 6 the last 6 seasons and outside of top 10 once in 12 years

Yeah we shouldnt be looking at their players that played a lot of games in them seasons.

You think we have the money to follow through that strategy?

Huddlestone is on close to £60k at Hull, Lennon and Townsend probably not cheap either, even disregarding the transfer fee.

Huddlestone is on close to £60k at Hull, Lennon and Townsend probably not cheap either, even disregarding the transfer fee.

probably not but your original post made no mention of finances ;)

Just to really hammer home how far wide of the mark the idea of him being lazy is, here are the stats for the 2014 season that show he was in the top 10 for distance covered. Not bad for a lazy player!

http://www.givemesport.com/453987-hardest-working-premier-league-stars-clubbyclub-guide

I just get the impression that he's one of the players that is judged on perception more than reality. To be fair I think most football fan would see him as a luxury type of player as he's known for lacking pace but being technically great. He's seen as a bit of a CM Matt Le Tissier. But the reality he runs himself into the ground and this is why he's able to get his tackling and interception stats. 

• Like 3

probably not but your original post made no mention of finances ;)

Fair enough  :)

I just tend to always include the value for money when looking at any potential signing for Villa

If we sign Huddlestone im convinced were going down

A player out of 25 is going to single handedley take us down.  :rolleyes: . I'm convinced some of you seriously only post for effect.

Well we stayed up this season because Hull imploded and lost to Burnley

The margins are that fine every season we rely on every other teams being worse than ourselves

To stay up next season half the squad needs replacing they are not good enough i don't see how replacing Cleveley a box to box player with a decent engine who closes down well to a plodder anything but a significant downgrade

We already have Westwood imagine a midfield with Westwood and Huddlestone in it talk about pedestrian

All the players we have been linked with so far with the exception of Richards at RB have been worrying tbh

Edited by AshVilla

Dawson didnt make the Top 10 on that list and stats seem real enough

He was 6th. Whilst probably accurate my point was it is hardly something to shout about considering how awful Dawson is.

That said Ashley Westwood made the list and is about the same of Huddlestone, so again it's a pointless stat.

He was 6th. Whilst probably accurate my point was it is hardly something to shout about considering how awful Dawson is.

That said Ashley Westwood made the list and is about the same of Huddlestone, so again it's a pointless stat.

West Ham United midfielder Mark Noble has run further than any other player in the Premier League this season, clocking 380,927 metres in 33 games in England's top-flight in 2013/14.

The 26-year-old is way ahead when it comes to distance covered, galloping 16km further than his nearest rival, Crystal Palace captain Mile Jedinak who has dashed just shy of 364,320 metres to help the Eagles stave off the threat of relegation.

Other players that feature among the top 10 are Southampton duo Adam Lallana (358,095m) and Jay Rodriguez (332,570m), Hull City pair Jake Livermore (351,435m) and Tom Huddlestone (332,353m), as well as Fulham's Steve Sidwell (361,071m), Liverpool's Jordan Henderson (359,080m), Cardiff City's Steven Caulker (338,766m) and Stoke City's Ryan Shawcross (330,012m).

He must have changed his name

What has the list got to do with quality? 

• Like 1

West Ham United midfielder Mark Noble has run further than any other player in the Premier League this season, clocking 380,927 metres in 33 games in England's top-flight in 2013/14.

The 26-year-old is way ahead when it comes to distance covered, galloping 16km further than his nearest rival, Crystal Palace captain Mile Jedinak who has dashed just shy of 364,320 metres to help the Eagles stave off the threat of relegation.

Other players that feature among the top 10 are Southampton duo Adam Lallana (358,095m) and Jay Rodriguez (332,570m), Hull City pair Jake Livermore (351,435m) and Tom Huddlestone (332,353m), as well as Fulham's Steve Sidwell (361,071m), Liverpool's Jordan Henderson (359,080m), Cardiff City's Steven Caulker (338,766m) and Stoke City's Ryan Shawcross (330,012m).

He must have changed his name

Go through the slide numbers and check the last number for the rest of the stats.