Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

The problem with Amavi and other young players from abroad, is that they're too young to remember us winning anything or being a good side (albeit a few brief years). 

I'm not surprised he's not that interested if he's touted for big things. 

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/16/report-aston-villa-make-offer-for-arsenal-linked-left-back-jorda/?

Report: Aston Villa make offer for Arsenal-linked left-back Jordan Amavi

The France Under-21 international is coming off a breakout campaign with Ligue 1 side Nice.

Aston Villa have lodged a bid for promising Nice left-back Jordan Amavi, according to France Football.

Amavi, 21, emerged as one of Ligue 1’s most exciting prospects last season, making 36 appearances and scoring four goals as Nice secured an 11th-place finish.

His performances did not go unnoticed across Europe either and a host of top clubs across Europe have since been linked with the France Under-21 international’s signature.

French football website Mercato365 claimed just last week that Arsenal, Atletico Madrid and top-flight rivals Lyon are all interested in the 5ft 9in speedster, who can also operate on the left wing, while Villa are now said to have joined the race with a recent offer of an undisclosed amount.

As Tim Sherwood prepares to remodel his squad in his first transfer window in charge, a move for Amavi also makes clear sense given both his fondness for emerging talent and the club’s clear need for left-back help.

Summer signing Aly Cissokho is believed to be heading for the exit door after being told that he is not in the club’s plans for next season [h/t Daily Mail], while makeshift option Kieran Richardson proved solid but unspectacular after emerging as Sherwood’s first-choice during the run-in.

Injuries also forced Alan Hutton, Matthew Lowton and Charles N’Zogbia to deputise at the position at various points over the final months of the campaign, while the Villa boss even had to draft the inexperienced Lewis Kinsella into the first-team for a handful of games in March.

SEE ALSO: Ex-Southampton midfielder set for permanent Aston Villa deal

Scotland international Andrew Robertson has been mentioned as a potential target following Hull City’s relegation to the Championship [h/t The Scotsman] but, with Tigers boss Steve Bruce demanding £12 million just for his right leg, bringing him to the Midlands would not be straightforward.

Amavi would likely come much cheaper, with France Football claiming that Villa’s proposal is around where Nice value their star prospect, but it remains to be seen whether rival interest from the likes of Arsenal could scupper their plans.

Would Amavi prove a good signing for Villa?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Imagine if you can that you are 21 year-old Frenchman Amavi. 

Your agent is telling you that Arsenal, Atleti and Lyon are all interested in you (All teams you have heard of and know something about) and there is also this Aston Veela who have also shown interest.

There is no way in any of the realities in the Multiverse that Amavi will sign for Villa. Even the one where Scarlett Johansson dragged me out of the Holte End against West Brom and gave me a celebratory blowie in the penalty box. 

Your agent is telling you that Arsenal, Atleti and Lyon are all interested in you (All teams you have heard of and know something about) and there is also this Aston Veela who have also shown interest.

There is no way in any of the realities in the Multiverse that Amavi will sign for Villa. Even the one where Scarlett Johansson dragged me out of the Holte End against West Brom and gave me a celebratory blowie in the penalty box. 

Jammy git!

So that's what caused the pitch invasion then. People joining the queue 

• Like 2

I wonder how much the bid was? Somewhere between £6-8m I would guess?

Just saw somebody on Twitter say around €7m-8m. I know Lyon had a bid rejected already so it's nice to know we've actually gone straight in with something proper. Makes me think we genuinely want him.