Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Don't know myself.

Reminds me of the Canales stuff last season. I'm not sure that was ever real.

It was real but the reported figure bid - around £3/4m - suggests that it was never serious. Probably just wanted to force Cleverley's hand.

Don't know myself.

Reminds me of the Canales stuff last season. I'm not sure that was ever real.

Don't see why it wouldn't have been - sure we went back and got Gil who's similar enough in position, age, and value.

I still can't make my mind up on Huddlestone, some of his long passing is truly stunning, stuff Westwood does inconsistently. His tackling has definitely picked up and he looks stronger in 50/50's but he's not a defensive midfielder in the classic sense, he isn't mobile enough to pick up the man and track back runners and he doesn't put his foot in like is really needed.

When he burst onto the scene I thought he could play for England but he's not really progressed, I think Bruce is a good manager who knows how to make players better so I'd be unsure how much better we could make him. 

I think if he signed for £2-3million people would be happy enough to take gamble, but £5+million makes people wary we could use the money more wisely. So much paper talk at the moment, plus we might be getting bought, I doubt any of it is all that true apart from Richards and our interest in Tripper.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Is Sherwood even back from holidays?

He is never shy with a quote or two for the media our Tim, but thus far I have seen nor heard absolutely zilch from the man about anything.

I dare say there is actually very little going on at the moment in terms of deals being put together.

I've just been reading we are in talks with a Sheffield Wednesday Defender called Dielna. Has anyone else heard this rumour? From what I read he didn't really impress too much at championship level but we're still interested, seems very strange to me. I'm assuming it's just paper talk but I was interested to see if any one else could confirm this. 

• Like 2

I've just been reading we are in talks with a Sheffield Wednesday Defender called Dielna. Has anyone else heard this rumour? From what I read he didn't really impress too much at championship level but we're still interested, seems very strange to me. I'm assuming it's just paper talk but I was interested to see if any one else could confirm this. 

yep, awful rumour

i saw it on football league world, whatever the funk that is

It was discussed a few pages back. Like you say, strange link.

I was so excited to sign the likes of bacuna, helenius, tonev, Luna, sylla, KEA and Vlaar. And that resulted in the least enjoyable period of my villa supporting life. There may be signings we make that I think look rubbish but I'm happy to see how things turn out.

• Like 1

We are more likely to go after Livermore rather than Huddlestone imo.

Which no one on here would object to, of course, as doing cocaine is just what these whippersnappers get up to nowadays, and if you can't do some coke with your mates in the summer then who and when can you?! :D

If anyone disagrees then you've got a stick up your arse, you need to get a life, you're a killjoy and you're miserable and bloody judgemental!

(Unless you just think Livermore is sh*t, in which case, carry on about your business, the above doesn't apply to you). :)

• Like 1

I still can't make my mind up on Huddlestone, some of his long passing is truly stunning, stuff Westwood does inconsistently. His tackling has definitely picked up and he looks stronger in 50/50's but he's not a defensive midfielder in the classic sense, he isn't mobile enough to pick up the man and track back runners and he doesn't put his foot in like is really needed.

When he burst onto the scene I thought he could play for England but he's not really progressed, I think Bruce is a good manager who knows how to make players better so I'd be unsure how much better we could make him. 

I think if he signed for £2-3million people would be happy enough to take gamble, but £5+million makes people wary we could use the money more wisely. So much paper talk at the moment, plus we might be getting bought, I doubt any of it is all that true apart from Richards and our interest in Tripper.

He has played for England already you know. 4 times. If correct, 5 million for a England player who is under 30 seems like good business nowadays. 5 million for a Premier League team is nothing.  We paid 8 million for Reo Coker 8 years ago and he was largely rubbish.I'd rather pay 5 million for a proven premier league player than say 5 million on Luna, Sylla, and Tonev who have contributed nothing.  I have always been a fan of Huddlestone and I think it would be a good signing if he doesn't want silly wages and we give him a 2 or 3 year contract tops.

Is Paddy Reilly actually our DOF now? When was he previously involved with the club?

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/patrick-riley/54/496/a84

Head of Performance Analysis

Aston Villa Football Club
September 2004 – July 2011 (6 years 11 months)

Head of Recruitment & Analytics
Aston Villa Football Club
July 2011 – November 2012 (1 year 5 months)Birmingham, United Kingdom

Scouting Coordinator
Liverpool Football Club
November 2012 – August 2014 (1 year 10 months)
Edited by Villan4Life