Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

All I want is to get all our business done and dusted before Benteke is sold.

Going to any clubs with 30 million known to be in the bank will be madness!

Surely any decent replacement will come only once he is sold.... There is no way Lerner will sanction a sizeable transfer without the guarantee of getting the money back?

That would almost be seen as 'improving the squad' by adding to the players we have... We don't do that unfortunately.

Edited by Tayls

My god there is some negativity on here today. A few weeks ago everybody was full of praise and positive. We got outclassed by the form team in the country in 2015, a class above. We're not far away from being a decent mid-table side, we have something to build on, I firmly believe next season we won't be battling relegation.

Let's enjoy the summer and a change of direction, come August we will be a different beast. Whether that be with Lerner or without, Sherwood, Fox and Reilly will get us going in the right direction.

• Like 1

Guzan

Hutton

Bacuna

Delph

Cleverly

Grealish

Gardner

Sinclair

Benteke

Are all worth keeping as either starters or squad players. The others I have very little faith in or are just so damn poor it's embarrassing watching them. Major overhaul needed...

Gardner in, but no clark or Westwood?

Guzan

Hutton

Bacuna

Delph

Cleverly

Grealish

Gardner

Sinclair

Benteke

Are all worth keeping as either starters or squad players. The others I have very little faith in or are just so damn poor it's embarrassing watching them. Major overhaul needed...

okore? 

The line "We won't be in this position again" has been used since McLeish left from a lot of people from players to different managers. The league table over the past 4 seasons doesn't lie.

I really don't think we will be even if we kept the same squad. We had McLeish and Lambert, negative managers, who played defensive players which will always equal bad results. Tim won't do that, he wants to play and wants to attack. Yes we will get the odd 5-0 / 6-0 hammering by the top teams but it will make us competitive with the teams around the middle of the table. 

The game is hugely contested in midfield, and our midfield is average at best. Grealish is not there yet and it's not fair to push him too soon. We haven't got a player with any sort of creative, clever pass, no great tacklers, nobody with a decent shot or capable of finishing. We have a midfield full of players 'with energy'. We really do need to look at this. Obviously it can't be done over one transfer window, but we need to make a start.

Guzan

Hutton

Bacuna

Delph

Cleverly

Grealish

Gardner

Sinclair

Benteke

On second thought - Clark is fine to retain. Okore was awful yesterday, however, might be worth hanging onto though.

For me if we aim to be comfortably midtable next season we need:

a new keeper to replace Given or/and Guzan.

1 or 2 LB's to replace Richardson and/or Cissokho

1 RB as Hutton/Bacuna is not a strong enough duo to rely on

1 really good CB to replace Vlaar as our remaining CB's are still young(ish) and sadly a bit injury prone

1 top CM should Cleverly leave + 1 Holding CM to challenge/replace Westwood/Sanchez

1 Top Attacking midfielder to play alongside Grealish (hope we look towards Van Ginkel)

And worst case scenario a replacement for irreplaceable Benteke 

That's a tall order even if we get new owners, and impossible if we're not.

We're not likely to find these players in the lower leagues or among ex Spurs players so i hope the links we've seen so far are just lazy journalism.

This is actually the shortest close season in memory, the premier league season starts in just 10 weeks so I think we'll see movement in and out very quickly unless Sherwood is reading the O'Neill manual and will sign half a new team on August 31st.

Townsend hahah

We don't play with wingers and Sinclair is just as good. Waste of money and vastly overrated.

Ahh the joy of opinions.

Townsend is one I would love to see us sign to be honest.

I think he would be a realistic signing, who would give us a different option in wide areas. He is by no means a world beater, but for the level we are at/trying to get to, I think he would be a fine signing.

• Like 1

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-eye-hull-city-5791507

Aston Villa are considering a move for Hull striker Dame N’Doye as a replacement for Christian Benteke.

The FA Cup finalist are bracing themselves for the summer departure of the £25million-rated Belgium international who has gleaned 12 goals in his last 12 outings.

Liverpool, however, are desperate to reinforce their goal-shy attack and will start the bidding for the hulking forward once the transfer window opens.

Tim Sherwood will have limited funds to spend on his Villa squad in the close season and views as N’Doye a shrewd buy if Benteke departs.

Hull signed the Senegal international for £3m in the January transfer window and will want to make a profit on the former Lokomotiv Moscow striker.

N’Doye earned praise from Steve Bruce for the impact that he made at the Humberside club with five goals in 15 outings.

Villa, though, could face competition from Sunderland and Newcastle who are also monitoring the situation.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-eye-hull-city-5791507

Aston Villa are considering a move for Hull striker Dame N’Doye as a replacement for Christian Benteke.

The FA Cup finalist are bracing themselves for the summer departure of the £25million-rated Belgium international who has gleaned 12 goals in his last 12 outings.

Liverpool, however, are desperate to reinforce their goal-shy attack and will start the bidding for the hulking forward once the transfer window opens.

Tim Sherwood will have limited funds to spend on his Villa squad in the close season and views as N’Doye a shrewd buy if Benteke departs.

Hull signed the Senegal international for £3m in the January transfer window and will want to make a profit on the former Lokomotiv Moscow striker.

N’Doye earned praise from Steve Bruce for the impact that he made at the Humberside club with five goals in 15 outings.

Villa, though, could face competition from Sunderland and Newcastle who are also monitoring the situation.

Thats a quality replacement for Benteke. Frack off the Mirror??

Realistic? In what aspect? Levy will ask for a ridiculous fee which in turn means we would overpay for someone of his ability. For me it's a no go.

You could be right on the price, but Spurs have a pretty large squad and plenty of underachieving players. MP will want to bring his own players in, so you might be able to get him for a reasonable fee.