Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I literally don't even know who that is. 

Was a good central midfielder for Bolton under Coyle around 2010. Played for USA regularly around that time, not sure if he featured in 2010 world cup.

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Was a good central midfielder for Bolton under Coyle around 2010. Played for USA regularly around that time, not sure if he featured in 2010 world cup.

I liked him a lot, could do a bit of everything. Unfortunately his knee ligaments were made out of marzipan.

10 hours ago, villanwesty88 said:

Mark Crossley

Seeing that name always reminds me of Panini sticker albums. I remember him being the last sticker I needed in the mid-90s and him wearing a God awful goalie kit in the picture.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Never have I seen a player have so much bad luck with injuries, he really was excellent for Bolton around 2010.

Yes, looked like he was going to become a good player, in fact another case at the same club around the same time was Lee Chung Yong, to me he looked like he was going to go on to relatively big things, but he was never the same after a suffering a broken leg.

23 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes, looked like he was going to become a good player, in fact another case at the same club around the same time was Lee Chung Yong, to me he looked like he was going to go on to relatively big things, but he was never the same after a suffering a broken leg.

I wouldn't mind Lee Chung-Yong now TBH. He'll never get in the team at Palace, and he still has something to offer at this level. 

• Like 3

always thought he was a good player but took him a while get a transfer back to Premier League. I had forgot about him until he got a wonder strike last season in last minute vs Stoke

Holden retired a few years ago, did he's cruciate 4 or 5 times I think, good player too.

that savio bloke now plays in Kazakhstan or somewhere like that, think he got done for fraud whilst playing in the Far East for faking he's own kidnap for the reward money. Nutcase 

There used to be a midfielder.... made stupid tackles and got booked a lot, you know the one, scared of ghosts and head like a peanut.... Fabian something or other.... nah its gone. Anyway think he quit being a player last summer.

• Like 1

On 11/07/2016 at 20:02, VillaChris said:

That was a dodgy ish transfer wasn't it....some unknown player from Seria B costing West Ham nearly 10m, played a few games and then never heard of again.

I remember reading an article about him a couple of months back.

Had about a dozen clubs already, including spells in Bulgaria and Kazakhstan. At one point he was arrested in Thailand for faking his own kidnapping to get a ransom out of his family.

Now playing for a club recently promoted to the Lithuanian first division.

Â