Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

30 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Looking at pictures from my visits to Villa Park yesterday. Thought of this thread when I saw one player. Tommy Johnson.

I remember Tommy, signed with Gary Charles from Derby. 

How about Guy Whittingham? 

On 4/10/2016 at 01:15, VillaChris said:

Just seen Richard Wright was sub keeper for Man. City the other day, I was certain he retired about 8 years ago!

Someone will tell me Stuart Taylor is still warming a subs bench out there next...

Ooooh.... I've never forgotten Richard F**king Wright....

Bastard wrote off Luc Nilis by jumping straight into him and shattering his leg...

Complete word removed!!!

2 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Ooooh.... I've never forgotten Richard F**king Wright....

Bastard wrote off Luc Nilis by jumping straight into him and shattering his leg...

Complete word removed!!!

If memory serves correctly it was a freak accident more than anything, certainly nothing malicious on Wright's behalf, just one of those things. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

If memory serves correctly it was a freak accident more than anything, certainly nothing malicious on Wright's behalf, just one of those things. 

Memory serves me the same...

However, it was a freak accident involving one of our players who was, if memory also serves me correctly, bloody amazing...

If it had happened to any other teams player, I would have felt sympathy towards Wright.... but it was one of our players... and a good one...

So.... Bollocks to him...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Memory serves me the same...

However, it was a freak accident involving one of our players who was, if memory also serves me correctly, bloody amazing...

If it had happened to any other teams player, I would have felt sympathy towards Wright.... but it was one of our players... and a good one...

So.... Bollocks to him...

Yes great shame for him and us, we only saw one little moment of brilliance from him for our memories

16 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes great shame for him and us, we only saw one little moment of brilliance from him for our memories

That goal against Chelsea still stays with me till this day...

What a team we had back then!

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

not a footballer but a host,  what ever happened to Des Lynam? never on TV anymore

he was on radio 4, don't know if he still is

• 1 month later...
Â