2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

UEFA president Michel Platini has suggested that European football's governing body is going to ease the rules surrounding Financial Fair Play (FFP).

The regulations were put in place in order to stop clubs from spending beyond their means, with fines being imposed for anyone found to be in breach.

Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain and Inter Milan have all been sanctioned in the past 12 months, but Platini said on Monday that the rules could be relaxed in the future.

"The world is two-faced but we will say this openly: I think we'll ease things, but it will be the executive committee who will decide if it is to be eased or something like that, and the outcome will be known by the end of June," he told RTL.

"I think the regulations have been very good and it is the clubs who voted for FFP.

"But the French press say it is not right that [Chelsea owner Roman] Abramovich can buy many players and in France they cannot buy them.

"But if the Qataris had bought AC Milan the French would also say we should make financial fair play even tougher. As it is, the Italians wanted it eased."

It is thought that UEFA will allow greater owner investment, which it hopes will quash a number of legal challenges that the body is faced with.

"We welcome the announcement of a change in the rules in line with the demands expressed by our clients in their various legal actions," said Jean-Louis Dupont, the lawyer heading the legal proceedings against UEFA.

"When the exact content and scope of these changes are known, we will consider with our clients how this development, which on first sight appears favourable, is likely to meet their legitimate expectations and influence the conduct of ongoing actions."

Article here

Edited by ozvillafan
  • Like 1

Translation - we wanted to stop upstart teams from throwing huge amounts of money and causing trouble to the established big teams but we actually liked the latest upstarts, so we'll ease the rules for them and make them more strict again in case we don't particularly like the future upstarts.

• Like 2

Translation - we wanted to stop upstart teams from throwing huge amounts of money and causing trouble to the established big teams but we actually liked the latest upstarts, so we'll ease the rules for them and make them more strict again in case we don't particularly like the future upstarts.

All the while ensuring that my beloved PSG don't fall foul of our own rules

This whole FFP easement thing smells like I imagine a baboon's anus to smell of.

Sort of slightly of rank bananas? ( I also imagine) - yeah, seems credible.

• Like 1

This whole FFP easement thing smells like I imagine a baboon's anus to smell of.

Sort of slightly of rank bananas? ( I also imagine) - yeah, seems credible.

Yes, I was thinking the same prehaps with the essence of an earthy milk aroma.

I see it like

" the principle is a good one, but the implementation is rubbish, and we know the courts will probably say that too"

I know the prem TV del's made a big difference, but the Prem clubs are now collectively making money, not losing huge sums, and that's at least in part due to FFP (and the PL version). SO yes the current FFP kind of seals in the current top 4 clubs in leagues, and that's bad (as is the UEFA league arrangement). But the idea of financial responsibility and not ruining clubs is good, and the idea of another comp, aprt from the Champs league is also good.

They just need to get the implementation right - a knock out UEFA comp for the clubs just outside the top 4 (plus cup winners ) and FFP which allows owners to give clubs money to spend if they want to, but not to burden clubs with debts via loans.

Fox has said that there's nobody in for the club Sherwood seem pretty confident of the same thing and Percy seems to keep changing his story. If someone does come in for us because of FFP being relaxed then I'd imagine it would take a long time to sort out, I think six months has been mentioned for the time it takes to complete due diligence.

I imagine any legal action Man Citeh have put to Uefa they could put to the premier league too if contesting the same points - so it's a matter of time until they are in line with Uefa's guidelines - plus why on earth would the prem allow other leagues an advantage, it would damage their own product.

They might relax UEFA FFP, but I doubt they'll do the same with PL FFP considering it was implemented following a majority vote.

I think the UEFA FFP was voted in aswell. QPR are challenging the Football League version so it'll follow that once one changes the others will aswell. It is a restriction on trade and was always gong to get challenged.

It is a restriction on trade and was always gong to get challenged.

conversely the germans have VERY strict financial regulations and there have been no challenges or issues there

I imagine any legal action Man Citeh have put to Uefa they could put to the premier league too if contesting the same points - so it's a matter of time until they are in line with Uefa's guidelines - plus why on earth would the prem allow other leagues an advantage, it would damage their own product.

Are Man City a club who've raised legal action against these rules? Genuine question.

• Like 1

UEFA can point to the fact that less clubs have gotten into trouble and claim victory, but FFP is still a joke.

If it was really about clubs getting into trouble, it would be about debt vs turnover, and not spending vs turnover.

Crazy billionaires should be able to spend as much as they like, providing they aren't saddling their clubs with debt that the club couldn't service if the money dried up.

• Like 1

So we want Ellison again?

or a oil billionaire, as long as they are amongst the top 10 richest people in the world and are happy to spend atleast half of it on the club. nothing less will do

Â